SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
If I wanted to throw a leather band on my Rolex Air King, who would I buy the band from? I don't think I can bring myself to spend more than $60-80 on a band though...is that even reasonable? Could I find something USA made for that price?

Maybe something like this?

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I love strap watches. I love straps. The strap makes the watch and accounts for a significant portion of a good fit and feel, and most of a good look. A bad strap can make a good watch look and feel terrible. I have lots of sources and could recommend a few that would look great on that watch, but they'd be on average $100 over your price cap. And at that many would use U.S. material, but be crafted overseas.

Surf over here for a bit.

https://bulangandsons.com/prod...-straight-bcroc-02/#

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Damn. That's halfway to another Sebenza for some leather...sigh.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
How does the Sigforum Brain Trust(tm) feel about Crown & Buckle? http://www.crownandbuckle.com/...d/american-made.html

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
An Air King on a strap is a great choice.

I think an Air King justifies spending a few bucks, but they do look good on a NATO strap, if you want to have a very casual look.

This guy's straps look good, and they aren't priced too high. http://www.steveostraps.com/

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll let suggestions roll in for a little bit. Seems like this isn't going to be a 1-afternoon-of-research-in-between-emails decision.

Picture of sig229owner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
An Air King on a strap is a great choice.

I think an Air King justifies spending a few bucks, but they do look good on a NATO strap, if you want to have a very casual look.

Isn't that like buying a $3000 1911 and stuffing it in a $10 gun show nylon holster.... Sigh... Big Grin

Posts: 801 | Registered: July 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's also

http://shop.wornandwound.com

Great quality. There's a pic a few pages back of my Tag on a leather NATO strap from them.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 211 | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I've bought chromexcel NATOs from Crown & buckle before. They were very nice.

I would not do a NATO on that. I'd do a 2 piece Horween with a contrast stitch.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
If I wanted to throw a leather band on my Rolex Air King, who would I buy the band from? I don't think I can bring myself to spend more than $60-80 on a band though...is that even reasonable? Could I find something USA made for that price?

Maybe something like this?

I've had custom straps, fancier than what you seem to want, made by forum members over at the watch nerd forums for around $100 each (one made from a WWII Swedish ammo satchel).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
How does the Sigforum Brain Trust(tm) feel about Crown & Buckle? http://www.crownandbuckle.com/...d/american-made.html

Crown and Buckle is an excellent choice.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3616 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
My Blancpain Aqualung Hundred Hours. Sorry for the crappy picture.

The Blancpain is probably my favorite possession. It was a graduation gift (Airborne school) from my very generous mother. It's wonderfully thin and has absolutely the nicest bracelet I've ever seen on a watch. As an added bonus, I've never seen another - they only made 1999 pieces.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I really like the looks of the Air King. IMO, it is simple and understated.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:

That's a serious watch. I love BP. I've been close to pulling a trigger on a Flyback Chrono pre-owned more than once. Love the sword hands and the case and bracelet are excellent.

Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

That's a serious watch. I love BP. I've been close to pulling a trigger on a Flyback Chrono pre-owned more than once. Love the sword hands and the case and bracelet are excellent.

I am a huge fan as well. I'd like to have a Fifty Fathoms, but I think an older Sea Dweller will probably be the next watch purchase. I have a Baume et Mercier that I'll probably sacrifice to that end since I kind of hate it anyway.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
since I kind of hate it anyway.

Be glad you hate it. I keep wanting something different, but cannot seem to part with any of the few that I have. I have a one in one out rule.

Heck... I may be done! Eek

Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
since I kind of hate it anyway.

Be glad you hate it. I keep wanting something different, but cannot seem to part with any of the few that I have. I have a one in one out rule.

Heck... I may be done! Eek

That seems like a flawed rule. One cannot have enough watches or firearms.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

See my sig line. Smile

Ride the lightning
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

See my sig line. Smile

Only if you let it! Smile