SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    If it's Springtime, it's time for Turkey!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If it's Springtime, it's time for Turkey! Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
Just returned from my annual spring turkey hunt in California (in Central Coast area). I got a nice tom on the first morning and my buddy got his on the last afternoon of a two day hunt. Although we didn't come away skunked, we didn't get our two bird limit either. They either were too spooky or the hens were just too insistent that the gobblers stay with them. I guess that's why it's called "hunting" and not "shooting", but we still enjoyed the experience. Beautiful green hillsides, covered with purple blooming lupine, lots of calling birds and perfect weather.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Tom!

Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Nice one!

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your fun and successful hunt. I haven't, and probably won't make it out this year. But I sure do love a spring Turkey hunt. Love to hear those gobbles!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10894 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
That’s a great looking Tom, certainly a great day in the field!
I used to love Spring Turkey, gotta plan to get back to it next season.

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Nice bird. I did not make it out this year. I do love Turkey hunting.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10894 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post