SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Duck hunt photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duck hunt photos Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
My son got drawn for some public land near Corsicana, Texas. Texas Parks and Wildlife has flooded a huge tract, and divided it up with levees into something like 20 hunting compartments. The whole thing is very impressive. There were ducks everywhere. He hunted for two days, and I went for fun, as I was not drawn.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great day!

I enjoy upland birds, quail & pheasant, But I’ve hunted ducks in the Delmarva area over the last 20yrs and it’s a blast. Lots of fast shooting!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Nice. Diving ducks can be fun to kill. We used to go out to Mississippi and hunt pins like this on big catfish farms. Looks like yall were killing ringnecks and redheads? We killed a bunch of bluebills (scaup).

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Nice outing. Even though you weren't drawn I'm sure you had a great time. Watching ducks work decoys and make approaches has always been entertaining to me.

Hoping the current cold weather systems moving this way pushes more birds down here to the deep south. We've got about 2 weeks of season left.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Nice. Diving ducks can be fun to kill. We used to go out to Mississippi and hunt pins like this on big catfish farms. Looks like yall were killing ringnecks and redheads? We killed a bunch of bluebills (scaup).

The photos just happened to be divers. There were all kinds of ducks. Mallards, shovelers, canvasbacks (that is a canvasback in the photo, by the way), ringnecks, redheads, scaup, and pintails. (Although I didn't see any pintails.) Tens of thousands of coots. Duncan even shot a greenwing teal, which should be long gone from Texas by now.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

The photos just happened to be divers. There were all kinds of ducks. Mallards, shovelers, canvasbacks (that is a canvasback in the photo, by the way), ringnecks, redheads, scaup, and pintails. (Although I didn't see any pintails.) Tens of thousands of coots. Duncan even shot a greenwing teal, which should be long gone from Texas by now.

yeah I see the black bill now. very nice.

were they decoying much or mostly pass shooting?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
On the first day the weather was overcast and the winds were really high. They were moving around the flooded area, but not really getting up and flying. On that day they were decoying some as they moved around the wetland.

The second day was a bluebird day, and they were getting up in the morning and just going to wherever ducks go. That was mostly pass shooting. I did give him shooting opportunities by moving around the edges of his hunting compartment, and spooking them into flying.

TPWD cut off hunting at noon, as they want the birds to not be disturbed as they come to the wetland in the evening.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

yeah I see the black bill now. very nice.

were they decoying much or mostly pass shooting?