SIGforum
Climbed Currahee yesterday *pics fixed*

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/5860029094

April 04, 2022, 04:55 PM
YellowJacket
Climbed Currahee yesterday *pics fixed*
My brothers-in-law were in town for a wedding this weekend and asked me if I wanted to join them in a leisurely hike up Currahee in Toccoa Sunday morning.

My wife's brother is currently active duty E7 and started his career in 1-506 out of Fort Campbell so it was especially fun to accompany him on the hike. He did two combat tours in Afghanistan while in Air Assault. He'd hate that I was even mentioning him though I will not show faces or mention him by name.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
April 05, 2022, 11:26 PM
10X-Shooter
Pictures aren’t showing up but wondering if the spray paint on the rocks at the top is still an eye sore at the top? Wedding from my first marriage was within sight and walking distance of Currahee. I too was at Ft Campbell but 1/327th.
April 06, 2022, 10:19 AM
bald1
Yeah pictures are a no go. If you click on the image icon to open in a new browser tab you're prompted to log into google. Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
April 06, 2022, 05:33 PM
92fstech
Very cool! I'd love to do that someday myself. Unfortunately, I am also unable to see the photo.
April 07, 2022, 07:55 AM
YellowJacket
Hmmm... they show up for me but they ARE being linked from my Google photo drive. Imgur hasn't been working for me lately. Thanks for letting me know.

And yes the graffiti is still an eyesore.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
April 07, 2022, 01:40 PM
92fstech
I can see them now. Beautiful view, and what an awesome experience. Too bad about the graffiti.
April 07, 2022, 03:59 PM
ltbarber
Outstanding! I did it a few years ago with wife and daughter. Great family outing. I walked up and down.(I'm a leg.)

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!