SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Climbed Currahee yesterday *pics fixed*
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Climbed Currahee yesterday *pics fixed* Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted
My brothers-in-law were in town for a wedding this weekend and asked me if I wanted to join them in a leisurely hike up Currahee in Toccoa Sunday morning.

My wife's brother is currently active duty E7 and started his career in 1-506 out of Fort Campbell so it was especially fun to accompany him on the hike. He did two combat tours in Afghanistan while in Air Assault. He'd hate that I was even mentioning him though I will not show faces or mention him by name.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Pictures aren’t showing up but wondering if the spray paint on the rocks at the top is still an eye sore at the top? Wedding from my first marriage was within sight and walking distance of Currahee. I too was at Ft Campbell but 1/327th.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah pictures are a no go. If you click on the image icon to open in a new browser tab you're prompted to log into google. Roll Eyes

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool! I'd love to do that someday myself. Unfortunately, I am also unable to see the photo.

Posts: 8544 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... they show up for me but they ARE being linked from my Google photo drive. Imgur hasn't been working for me lately. Thanks for letting me know.

And yes the graffiti is still an eyesore.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I can see them now. Beautiful view, and what an awesome experience. Too bad about the graffiti.

Posts: 8544 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! I did it a few years ago with wife and daughter. Great family outing. I walked up and down.(I'm a leg.)

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post