SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    I wish I would have been into bolt guns sooner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wish I would have been into bolt guns sooner Login/Join 
posted
Purchased a Tikka T3X Lite in .308 for hunting season this year. I have always had great luck with Tikka and Sako rifles.

In its factory’s setup in was shooting 3/4” at 100 yards with Hornady TAP 155 grain ELD.

I’ve been wanting a Sako TRG22 for some time. So, why not make a faux one, right?

Tikka stock phot of original purchase.

Completed build

Sterk bolt handle, Sterk bolt shroud, APA Fat Bastard Brake, KRG Bravo chassis stock Sako green (Rustoleum rattle can camo) Nightforce 2.5-20x50 MOAR F1 scope.

Less that an inch after adjustment for final zero. First 5 round group with flyer just left of bull. 15 rounds COM for confirmation of zero. All done off a bag with Hornady TAP 155 grain ELD.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well done sir; enjoy.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Great looking rifle and a shooter to boot. Well done

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice
My T3x is a Lite Stainless in 270
First range trip, put 5 shots in 3 holes at 100yds, with a just >1" spread.

At 200, I was <2" groups.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Tikka makes a very nice rifle. I had a .223 set up for varmints with a heavy barrel. It would shoot right at or just under a MOA with any decent load, and close to .5MOA with loads it liked, right out of the box. I didn't use it much, and sold it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post