SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    B&W Photo Thread!
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B&W Photo Thread! Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I had them printed, 16 x 24 on metal ....

Who offers that service?

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
I had them printed, 16 x 24 on metal ....

Who offers that service?

I use Bayphoto.com for metals, I print quite a few and they have been great. They offer a nice discount for new customers and periodically run sales.

https://www.bayphoto.com/wall-displays/metalprints/

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use Bayphoto.com for metals

Thank you.
And those are beautiful pictures, BTW.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Breakfast at sigfreund's:

6.4/93.6

— Leo Tolstoy

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I love Ravens and Crows, can't tell you how many times I've been exploring for ancient rock art and there is a Raven nearby.

Here's another of mine, found this in Cathedral Valley, Capitol Reef N.P.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3386 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Campo, CA near the Railroad Museum...

Posts: 1954 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The one of the track is another that I could see hanging on my wall; very nice.

6.4/93.6

— Leo Tolstoy

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The one of the track is another that I could see hanging on my wall; very nice.

Thanks. My wife thought I was nuts when I pulled over to take it. Some of the most uninteresting subjects become interesting when photographed properly.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Just for funsies I switched to B&W while playing around this morning. Usually I like emphasizing the bright, vivid colors of Rainier at sunrise.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3986 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Anything new here?

6.4/93.6

— Leo Tolstoy

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Anything new?

I am still seriously considering getting the new monochrome Pentax when it becomes available.
And yes, I know that at my level I could probably do everything with my present conventional Pentax in its B&W mode as I could do with a dedicated model. But .... Smile

6.4/93.6

— Leo Tolstoy

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3986 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1690 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

guns are tools