SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    My Sig P226 TX DPS Limited Edition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Sig P226 TX DPS Limited Edition Login/Join 
posted
I recently acquired a Sig P226 Texas DPS 75th Anniversary Limited Edition, .357 Sig, SAO (from 2010). Wanted one when they came out, but almost impossible to get. In celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the TX DPS, a limited edition version of the P226 was commissioned (2010). The Texas DPS 75th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee Limited Edition SIG SAUER P226 .357SIG Single Action Only (SAO), and was available for purchase through the end of 2010 (while supplies lasted). According to Sig only around 550 were produced and a very limited number of those went to non DPS personnel. This firearm, based on the steel frame P226 X-series (DE Germany), special TXDPS serial number (TXDPS750XXX), and comes bearing engravings of both the traditional Texas DPS Seal and the 75th Anniversary Diamond Jubilee logo inlaid in 24k gold on the top of the SS slide, beautifully engraved scroll work and “TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY”, “1935 – 75th ANNIVERSARY – 2010” and “LIMITED EDITION” text on the sides of the slide, and Diamond Jubilee logo engraved rosewood grips. This specific one was made 5/11/2011. The display stand I made.

TheDisplays by Dudley Primeaux, on Flickr

TheDisplay2 by Dudley Primeaux, on Flickr

Posts: 18 | Location: Elgin, Texas | Registered: July 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi! My name is Ben and I am a State Trooper with the Texas Highway Patrol in Odessa, TX and I have the entire DPS collection except the 75th Anniversary SIG 357. Would there be any chance I could talk to you on the phone about this pistol? This pistol means a lot to me and I have been trying to obtain one to keep it within the DPS family. I have been looking for this pistol for over 4 years and this is hard to come by. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you! I’ll add you as a friend via social media etc that way you can see my profile and know I’m not telling a lie lol.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 18, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Wow! Very nice!

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one from a DPS Officer back when they were released. This is the story I was told. They were supposed to make 500. Slides were made by Colt. Some slides were damaged and only made 330. I also have the knife and the presentation box.

Posts: 4 | Registered: January 10, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

P226r Extreme, P226 TACOPS, M11-A1, P220 Elite Full Size

Posts: 30 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: January 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I have the bastard step brother to the TXDPS Diamond Jubilee Limited Edition model pictured above. I purchased it very slightly used from a SIG Forum Member located in New England.
Allegedly, when SIG completed the contractual production run of the Diamond Jubilee Limited Edition model, they had some frames with the TXDPS serial number left over. (TXDPS750xxx)

Also allegedly, less than 50 of the bastard step brother model were made, the plastic case end label says "Special Configuration" and they were sold out of the SIG Store in Exeter.
This one is also the German manufactured SAO stainless steel frame with the X-Five attributes, and the TXDPS serial number, in .357 SIG and a plain black Nitron slide.

I have shot it some, it's a beautiful handgun. (but not nearly as pretty as the pistol pictured above)
CDNN Sports had the fancy rosewood grips with the TXDPS seal at blow out prices some years back. (exactly like the grips on the above pistol)
I bought a pair and put them in the safe.

IMG_20200717_160255998 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20200717_160308970 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Those TX DPS guns are gorgeous.
My P239 was a DPS marked (on the box) but otherwise no special markings.
Those P226 are special and love them, congrats. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post