Notify
Tools

Tools Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
The 13" Rosco TWO-FISTER. Stamped Mechanics Unbreakable U.S.A.

Many many years ago a plumber showed me how he tightens tank-to-bolts in a toilet tank full of water. without getting his hands and arm soaked. He said you always wanted to have one long screwdriver. So I always had a ⅜" x 12" slotted in my toolbox. Overall length about 17". Replaced once under warranty, and I've another in case. A couple of years ago as I downsize, I went to the ⅜" x 8", which fits into my shoulder bag without sticking out. Like to travel light.

They are particularly effective when you want to chip a little concrete or cement from around a pipe in a location obstructed by other pipes; you can reach right through the maze with the 12" shaft and tap-tap-tap with your Estwing to expose the issue.

When filling in at a friend's foreign car shop, he'd occasionally break out a screwdriver which was close to three feet long. More like a lever with a giant screwdriver handle. Impressive.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Fibonacci gauge
☺️

quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Here's one I made myself. Anyone know what it is?

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turning_gal:
A Fibonacci gauge

More accurately, a Golden Mean/Golden Ratio gauge.

However, you are correct as well. Taking the Fibonacci sequence of numbers, and dividing any number in the sequence by the next lower number in the sequence does produce the Golden Ratio. At the very low end of the Fibonacci sequence it's close, but as you go higher, the result quickly converges on the Golden Ratio.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Steady rest. Who made your lathe?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
How about something more technological?
Here's our new desk top CMM.

Renishaw. See the probes to the rear also.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Saw a tool for setting saw teeth a week back. It was in perfect condition and worked correctly. Afraid I didnt understand its little numbered wheel with angled flat surfaces around it. Perhaps for setting steeper angles ?

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:

The 102 is a DEF-inite on my list. My Lie-Nielsen No. 101 will cut it but it is a little on the small side.

I remember the days of these

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post