SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Some waterfowl and a 600+lb bear
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some waterfowl and a 600+lb bear Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Spent a few hours at Alligator River this afternoon. Lots of waterfowl.

This is what a 600+ lb Black Bear looks like. From about 300 yards. His gut was nearly touching the ground. Wish I could have gotten closer.

More waterfowl

Same in b&W

A nice end to the trip

In higher resolution: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EK7ApfQqBxFLEubX7

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Micropterus

Always appreciate your nature pics! Very professional! Just be careful out there! Smile

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice photos.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Micropterus

Always appreciate your nature pics! Very professional! Just be careful out there! Smile

+1

Always love your photos/adventures. Makes me want to live there. Then I remember the stories of the heat and bugs and I don't again.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Always love your photos/adventures. Makes me want to live there. Then I remember the stories of the heat and bugs and I don't again.

North Carolina's state bird - the Deer Fly. Far more dangerous than any bear. NC Deer Flies eat Deep Woods Off with DEET like candy. I've walked out of the wood feeling anemic from blood loss. Razz

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post