SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    My Mom and Elvis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Mom and Elvis Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Not sure what year this was taken, but it was in Baumholder, Germany when my dad was a company commander. Elvis was there, then. Here he is posing with my mom.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's cool.
I won tickets to his concert in 1972 Chicago show. He was fat Elvis still doing the karate moves.

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah! Thanks for sharing.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a great picture. Thanks for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Here's something interesting: While Elvis was not in my dad's company, he was in a unit on the same base and dad knew his commanding officers. He said Elvis was a very well respected soldier. Dad said his commanding officers said he was well behaved, courteous, never got into trouble, lived off his Army pay, and performed extremely well. While he lived in the post barracks, like many soldiers, he borrowed money to get by on, not wanting to use his fame money around his fellow soldiers. After not too long he was allowed to live off base. But when he left to live off base, which did necessitate using some of his fame money, he went and paid everyone that he had borrowed money from. My mom said she asked him to come to one of her officers' wives luncheons. He politely refused telling her that if he did it for her, he'd have to do it for others.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice photo and a good memory.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would make a great t-shirt for family reunions

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per the US Army:
Presley's overseas service took place in Germany from October 1, 1958, until March 2, 1960, as a member of the 1st Medium Tank Battalion, 32d Armor. For the first five days of that period he belonged to Company D of the battalion, and thereafter to the battalion's Headquarters Company at Friedberg.

Pretty cool family keepsake

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That’s very cool - shared a link to this post with some Elvis fans in my family.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Per the US Army:
Presley's overseas service took place in Germany from October 1, 1958, until March 2, 1960, as a member of the 1st Medium Tank Battalion, 32d Armor. For the first five days of that period he belonged to Company D of the battalion, and thereafter to the battalion's Headquarters Company at Friedberg.

Pretty cool family keepsake

Thanks.

As far as the keepsake, all we have are copies. The original was stolen in the 80s. Back in the day when you had the send to photo out for copies and enlargements. She got back the copies, but someone kept the original. In 30+ years since its theft, I've never seen it show up on the internet anywhere.

posted Hide Post
That's really special....thanks for sharing. Long live The King.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's great!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Cool photo. Guessing that's his Corum watch. It looks white, but I assume that's lighting on the patterned dial. If so, it sold for $22,500 in 2016.

Odd pinky ring, eh?

https://www.fratellowatches.co...20Hamilton%20Ventura.

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
That is amazing. What a treasure.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been there, we nicknamed it “booty holder” because whenever a unit was deployed you’d see the dependas pushing a stroller in booty short/pants. Also had the polizei pull guns on me and a couple buddies while playing hadji for our sister unit. The training areas are off post. We were sitting in a van in man dresses, cops pull up and draw down on us. One had an MP5. Best part was they didn’t believe us that we were military Police so we had to wait for a patrol car to show

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Cool photo, thanks!

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post