Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My SIG551LB Login/Join 
posted
First one on the board, let's take a look at my SG551LB
Equiped with its collapsible stock, Trijicon ACOG.
Using it for dynamic only, not for target practice, so magpul sling is doing the trick.

Swiss citizen
Sig enthusiast

Posts: 18 | Registered: March 06, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Very nice 551.
Cool display.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle. LB is long barrel, correct? The forend grip looks out of place but if it works for you.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Very nice rifle. LB is long barrel, correct? The forend grip looks out of place but if it works for you.

Yep my LOP is quite short, I'm not so big and I like to lean a lot into my rifle, so it does not work for a lot of people I shoot with. I'm even used to hold the rifle by the mag, which work perfectly for me but is a no go in our military drills.

Swiss citizen
Sig enthusiast

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Hope you enjoy your 551 and shoot it well. I think we can get a variant here in the US as a 556 unless Sig discontinued these. I know the industry seems to be all things AR now.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Nice Sig! There are a some of us here that have Sig rifles and We enjoy every post! Welcome to the Sig Forum!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys: I figured I could bring to this board a bit of swiss vibes, with pics of what we have and do on the range and in the army. Hope you will like it.

Swiss citizen
Sig enthusiast

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Madjohn, Sounds good. Very curious about the Swiss gun culture, politics and Army!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you equipped it with a light? I would say that's a must on a "dynamic" carbine. You may be able to utilize what's left of that bottom rail piece.

Can you use the iron sights beneath the ACOG? I had an ACOG on a US Sig 556 rifle years ago, with some knock-off diopter sights, and the tube below the ACOG conveniently lined up perfectly with the plane of the iron sights.

Of all the Sig 55X variants, the 551LB is the one I am least attracted to, but the weight/size/performance sweet spot it potentially occupies is certainly worth considering. Glad to see a steel lower on it. Lose that tape behind the ejection port! A "dynamic" gun is going to get banged up anyway!

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle! In the US we are in a golden era of Swiss SIG rifle imports, something we never thought would happen.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
Have you equipped it with a light? I would say that's a must on a "dynamic" carbine. You may be able to utilize what's left of that bottom rail piece.

Can you use the iron sights beneath the ACOG? I had an ACOG on a US Sig 556 rifle years ago, with some knock-off diopter sights, and the tube below the ACOG conveniently lined up perfectly with the plane of the iron sights.

Of all the Sig 55X variants, the 551LB is the one I am least attracted to, but the weight/size/performance sweet spot it potentially occupies is certainly worth considering. Glad to see a steel lower on it. Lose that tape behind the ejection port! A "dynamic" gun is going to get banged up anyway!

Yep the iron sights are lining up just good but anyway we have a technique for the really close quarter targets.
For the light I'm having one on my "service" SIG550.
The reason why I'm training on a 551LB is because it COULD (I insist on the use of this word) replace the 550 to have a shorter rifle but still being able to maintain the "same" accuracy. It's still just a rumor in the army discussions, but, anyway ...

And for the tape ... you just can't say this to a swiss Big Grin We want things clean, new and beautiful all the time Big Grin

Swiss citizen
Sig enthusiast

posted Hide Post
quote:
And for the tape ... you just can't say this to a swiss We want things clean, new and beautiful all the time

Hahahaha. That gave me an honest chuckle. I understand.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
I always use blue tape behind the ejection ports on my 550P and 551-2 SP SWAT rifles.

I am a retired US Marine. But also prefer things "clean and beautiful all the time."
When on active duty, I was only concerned with the weapon being clean internally. I ran an M60 (USMC M.O.S. 0331). But that was on Uncle Sam's dime.

As a civilian, I try to keep everything cosmetically clean as well as functionally clean.

Posts: 418 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Sweet rifle!

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet set up. Can anyone point me in the direction of that rifle rest in the picture. I can't tell if its real wood or plastic.

Posts: 30 | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post