SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A long time ago
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A long time ago Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wacopolumbo:
Man, 1984. I was 10.

Me too.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
1984, I was about to start my Senior year in High School in Flagstaff, AZ. Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of No58
posted Hide Post
Great photo Smile

On duty:P226 and P225 9mm, H&K Mp5/G36C. At home: Rem 870 SM, Sig Sauer P225,
Desert Eagle 357 mag, H&K SL8 and a few Mauser rifles.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GOTSIG
posted Hide Post
Heck, 1984, hadn't bought my own first gun yet. Just had Dad's WWII trophy Mauser HSc.

Wish I had an SA like that then, but truth be told, I've traded in more great guns than I am willing to admit!

====================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." THOMAS
JEFFERSON

Posts: 889 | Location: Maine, U.S.A. | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1984 I was attending University.
In my safe I has a Ruger Security Six, Ruger 10/22 rifle, 3" heavy barrel S&W model 10 and 4" pencil barrel S&W model 10.

I had no money so I couldn't afford much ammo. I had so few 38 Special and 357 mag ammo that I would occasionally clean each one with a cotton towel. I usually had couple boxes of 22lr ammo that I would buy at K-Mart for $0.99/box.

Posts: 90 | Registered: September 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
I was 19 and in the Navy.......I bought a M1A like that a short time later, still got her, been upgraded some, and still shooting HP matches with it.

Here's me in 1984 with a different rifle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: navyshooter,

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10352 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was 9 years old,I was fantasizing about what America was like. Will my family and I ever make it there? What is snow like, Red delicious apples, M&M's? Eventually....thirteen long years later we did make it here, legally. Now comes the hard part...the American Dream...

Posts: 44 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I was 3 years old. 26 years later I did get my M1A Fully Loaded, and its a blast to shoot.
It should be for $1600 Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DOUROS81,

Posts: 2028 | Location: St.Louis County, Mo | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I was still 3 years out of circulation.... 87

Posts: 450 | Location: Fairbanks, ak | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weisse52
posted Hide Post
That picture makes me miss my Nikon's.. I have a D70, but it is not the same...

Oh, 1984, I had been out of the Navy for 9 years, out of the National Guard for 4 years, and my oldest child was almost 2 years old.

Pardon me, but I have to go take a nap now...

-----------------------------------
"All men should cultivate a fixed and firm determination, and vow that what they once undertake they will never give up."

Posts: 134 | Location: Bountiful Utah | Registered: August 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uxb
posted Hide Post
1984, just back from El Salvador.

Posts: 6303 | Location: Castle Anthrax | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just returned from Izmir Turkey and reported in to Chanute AFB IL.

Posts: 106 | Location: Huntsville AL | Registered: August 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Nice Springer! When I think of the pieces I let go over the years... I just cried on my keyboard. ha ha!

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I commented earlier, but neglected to mention that in 1984 I'd been retired from USAF for 4 years and working for Texas Instruments here in Dallas, Texas for most of that time.

Back to the OT, I borrowed a Nikon Coolscan V slide scanner from a friend and converted a lot of my slides. That unit does a much better job than the cheap one I had bought earlier, and the ability to control the improvements was very good. It was incredible how well it could bring out a usable picture from a slide that had faded to almost transparency.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snakeman48:
I was 36, and bought my first Harley in 1984.
A 1985 FXST. I now ride a 2003 FXST/D Deuce.
Interesting. I bought my first Harley in 1984, also--traded in a Yamaha 650 twin for a 1000cc Sportster. I had it modified to use a belt drive (had the only Sportster in the area with one). In 1989 I was in a bad accident and had to give up riding; the Sportster was fixed, though, and ended up being bought by a dealer from Holland (the Netherlands).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
This was me in 1981.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Angel King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Nice Springer! When I think of the pieces I let go over the years... I just cried on my keyboard. ha ha!

Me too, I sold my academy Beretta 92FS to another deputy for peanuts 12 years ago. He sold it to someone else and it's gone. I still kick myself for that mistake.

An eagle does not capture flies.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Between heaven and hell | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Here I am with my older Sister and younger Brother. Our younger Sister was not yet born. Colonial Square in Ann Arbor, Michigan in the late 60's.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Angel King
posted Hide Post
Fighting crime in the early days, circa 1980.

An eagle does not capture flies.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Between heaven and hell | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scamp71
posted Hide Post
In 1984 I was guarding nukes @ RAF Lakenheath, UK.
Great photo! I lived in Lake Charles for years, my wife is from there, there used to be a great place to get po-boys over in Sulphur, Uncle Pie's I believe, dang those were good...

Posts: 58 | Location: LA | Registered: March 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post