SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    How about some fall hunting pics!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about some fall hunting pics! Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
I scored a double yesterday morning. A very nice buck, and a good eating doe a bit later. A very memorable day. Lets see your. This was about 30 miles east of Pueblo Colorado on my cousins ranch. What a wonderful hunt with great people.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10984 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Some good looking deer there.

Dove season trip next week, supposed to be one of the highest bird population years in a decade.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15966 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Hunting season for me gets a start with the early September dove hunts and then goes silent until rifle season starts for deer, this year on October 21. So hopefully I'll have some more pictures in the coming months of deer and quail hunts.

The dove opener was a fruitful day. Temps were mild and, though we didn't have a big number of birds, I managed to kill my share.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10568 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Some good looking deer there.

Dove season trip next week, supposed to be one of the highest bird population years in a decade.

Day 1 bird hunt, not bad. 25 birds for 4 of us.
Got lucky & I'm 4 for 2. Got 3 birds in 1 shot, lucky.

A few shots of the tank/pond we were hunting for birds.
Water level went down noticeably over the couple days we were there, so the birds came in less & less
Lake Falcon is only at 8% capacity, steadily down from a nearly full capacity in 2015

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

Posts: 15966 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Well, that was our best outing. Only managed 4 birds each of the next 3 times out.

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Great pics folks. Lets see more! Happy hunting.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10984 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Deer trip planned for mid December, hoping to put some meat in the freezer

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Grandson got his buck this morning, which assures our supply of venison stew meat for veggie soup.

If his fiancée gets hers, we might even get a couple steaks!

Izzy approves! Weighed in at 205 field dressed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PHPaul,

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15482 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Not hunting, but one of my best catches of the year. Not many days left before things start to ice up..☹️

FBLM LGB!

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Killed this 10 pointer this afternoon. Great hunt that took all of 15 minutes. Shot him at 315p this afternoon. Not a giant but this is a solid deer in this area.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YellowJacket,

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10568 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Killed this 10 pointer this afternoon. Great hunt that took all of 15 minutes. Shot him at 315p this afternoon. Not a giant but this is a solid deer in this area.

Very nice! Now for the good eats that follow. I just enjoyed some antelope for dinner. Yummy.

FBLM LGB!

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Congratulations for the successes.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47660 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Alright gang...yer slacking. Time for some more photos! There have to be more successful folks out there!

FBLM LGB!

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
I'll add didn't see this

10/14 daughters muzzle loader doe AM hunt

10/14 my muzzle loader PM hunt

Daughter starting to drag out my doe.

11/12 my buck. Just got back from December hunt and nothing we wanted to take going back first week of January.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1148 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sitting in camp now, getting ready to head out for a windy afternoon hunt.
Watched a half dozen young doe this morning, hoping for a bigger one or a buck tonight.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Lots of doe & a couple young bucks, nothing taken yet
Intermittent rain & quite breezy
Sorry for the fuzzy photos. Samsung on 20-30x zoom

Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
Nice job folks! Lets see more!

FBLM LGB!

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Some tasty ditchchickens...

Posts: 3583 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Small chance I may try to get back down to the ranch for a Jan hunt, need to get some meat in the freezer!

posted Hide Post
Doves in September with the two knuckleheads:

Great year for Ruffed Grouse in Minnesota.

Out to Montana for birds:

My buddy from Montana had an antelope tag, so we spent a few days camping and hunting with him.

Back to Minnesota for grouse.

Took a small buck for late muzzleloader season.

Posts: 799 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post