SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Woolaroc museum in Oklahoma
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woolaroc museum in Oklahoma Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted
Recently took a trip to Woolaroc museum and game preserve. https://www.woolaroc.org/visit-woolaroc It is between Bartlesville and Barnsdall and only about 50 miles from Claremore, home of the JM Davis gun museum. https://www.thegunmuseum.com
Woolaroc was very cool, the museum had lots of Western American history exhibits and wall mounts and full stuffed animals everywhere and lots of Oklahoma oil history as you would expect from Frank Phillips. And an entire room with an awesome Colt firearms collection. Here is just a few pics, I could have taken many more. If you are in the area, check it out.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nice pics! (I'm assuming all the ammo in the belt-feds is dummy.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Most likely inert rounds flashguy. Ive had those 225 round belts of ammo. Also had many a thousand Browning links and some 100 round belts made up. Guy threw a box on the blacktop in front of me today at the Market. Had several new 225 round cloth belts still tie wrapped. Also about 5 sectional cleaning rods for the 50 M2. I got no use for them but someone may who shoots machine guns here in Kentucky. I was at Claremore, OK about 6 years back. Never knew there was a Museum there. Would enjoy seeing those Colts.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
OP, that vertical standing gun in your 4th picture is a aircraft gun. You can see them dual mounted in the photo at the displays rear. That is a very old piece.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post