SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Karma - You Get My #420 Spot on the Helm Komodo Watch Waiting List - P220 Smudge is the Winner! UPDATE: His Watch has Arrived!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma - You Get My #420 Spot on the Helm Komodo Watch Waiting List - P220 Smudge is the Winner! UPDATE: His Watch has Arrived! Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
Hello my invisible friends.

This is a little twist on a karma.

For those of you who follow the "A Revival of the Watch Thread" in "The Gallery" you know the waiting list to purchase this watch is over 2 years.

When I initially signed up to buy one I entered a 2nd email address thereafter. My initial entry came through and my Komodo arrived on 11/16. You can see it here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...1/m/6290029643/p/402

The 2nd email address I entered is now #420 on the waiting list. They produce about 150 of these watches per month so that means it will be ready around February 2023.

I already contacted Matt Helm of Helm Watches and he is 100% OK with someone taking my spot.

Here is a link to the Helm Komodo page so you can wet your appetite on all the different variations thereof. Please note it is an incredible watch and well worth over the $300 price tag.

https://helmwatches.com/komodo.html

Rules. 1) Must be an active SigForum Member
2) You don't already own a Helm Komodo
3) You promise you won't enter to get one simply to resell it online for a markup.
3) I will draw the winner in mid-January.
4) Once notified your purchase is ready, you have 48-hours to pay for it or you will lose your spot on the list.

WARNING: I can't afford to buy the watch for you, you only get to take my spot to buy the watch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: h2oys,

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please enter me for a chance for your wait-list spot for the Helm Komodo, and I acknowledge and accept all of the Karma Rules.

This would be a significant improvement over my current position of 5,815 on the list!

Thank you for the chance!

Rob

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Karma! Please add me to the list... For a shot at getting on the list. Big Grin

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I do not own a Helm, and I would love a chance at a Komodo. I agree to your terms. Please include me, and thank you for the chance!

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Please count me in. Thanks for the opportunity and kind gesture.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Don't count me in just got mine a few months back but this is for the winner to help with their decision.

Date looks crooked in the pic but in real life is dead center.

Posts: 3552 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the mix. I’ve always admired the Helms. Thank you!

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I’ll pull the winner tomorrow-Friday.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I would like to be added to the list but want to acknowledge that this will be for my son. He is 13 and has been wanting a real watch for some time now. If that is ok, please add me. If you would prefer to make it for members only that is 100% ok with me, I just wanted to be upfront with you and the membership as this is a very generous karma.
Thank you
Tim

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5128 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I just figured out our old "karmanator" had been dropped and our new source is "Karma Picker".
It's really easy to use and it picked P220 Smudge as the winner.

Even more exciting is P220 Smudge will be #42 on the list as of 5 minutes ago.

Next I will email Matt to ask how to switch my email address out to P220Smudges email address and will "cc" P220Smudge with that email.

Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Congrats Smudge!!

Great karma!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5128 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Enjoy that beautiful watch.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thank you, h2oys! Very grateful, looking forward to this. Now to figure out what color way!

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Your most welcome!

Would love to see some pics once you order and get it.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Received! Love it, thanks again h2oys!!

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the pic!

It looks fantastic and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.