SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Colt KC from '94
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt KC from '94 Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
I have had my eye on this one for a while now, decided it was time to give it a good home. King Cobra is of the MKV action design. I was impressed with the trigger in both DA/SA. It is comparable to my S&W 686-4 and that is certainly a compliment. Not loving the grips but there are some options out there. It should have come with Pachmayer rubber grips with Colt medallion. I have a set coming for it. Still will probably put wood grips of some sort on it eventually. Colt offered both bright SS and satin finish SS. This one had the satin finish, but someone had polished on it previously, so I finished the job today. Used Mothers Mag polish and a microfiber towel. Pretty good looker now. I love the hooded Cobra insignia on the barrel. Cool

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I’ve always heard and read good things about that Colt revolver.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Congratulations! I’ve always heard and read good things about that Colt revolver.

Thanks, glad to find one for sale.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Very nice pick up got2hav1. I have the twin brother of your KC. I got mine 2 years ago off of GB. Mine was made in 1993 and has never been fired. I only handle it using white cloth gloves. Sometimes I wish I hadn't bought it because it's too pretty for me to shoot.

Ballpark - how much did you pay for it?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Remsig, that's a beauty for sure. I doubt there are many out there in that condition. Congrats!

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A handsome piece for sure. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
With the correct style Colt grips. Found a nice set on the auction site.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
It looks even nicer now!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty gun..great work on the polish job! Colt revolvers are kind of a hole in my handgun experience...I've never even fired one. As an openly confessed revolver-holic, I feel like this is a situation that needs to be rectified someday. It won't be hard to convince me if the right one ever comes along...every time I see a nice Colt I drool a little bit Big Grin. The only thing that has stopped me so far is the prices.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
92fs, thanks. You should fill that hole with a Colt DA revolver. I think you will be hooked. Hurry though, prices aren't going down. Smile