SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Air Force One flying over my house (big photos)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Force One flying over my house (big photos) Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Higher res photos here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tg3UBpMG6SD5b19W6

About once a month AF1 flies down to Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport to do touch and goes. Flies over my house time and time again for several hours before flying off. Today, I got some photos with my new 200-500mm lens.

Higher res photos here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tg3UBpMG6SD5b19W6

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Great shots. It is too bad about the imposter who flies in her now.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the shiny skin on the bottom is some sort of defensive design versus just for aesthetics.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Such an elegant plane {the 747 in general)
Shame they're slowly being taken out of commercial service. Always wanted to take a flight on one.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
The shiny parts of the plane is an interesting feature which creates neat effect in the photo.

Great photos as usual.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1952 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was looking at the reflection in the shiny parts and comparing it to Google Maps to see what was reflected. But the reflections look distorted by the waviness of the metal and I can't figure it out.

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'm about 5 minutes or so from the airfield so I'm getting used to seeing it every week or so. Driving down #17 with it coming in so low gets a lot of looks from the drivers. Great pics!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Great pictures of an American icon. Thanks for sharing.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Great pics. That bird is CLEAN!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1772 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I was down in NC this week and the local news in Greensboro was doing a show on AF-1 doing touch and goes at TFI airport near G'boro. I didn't know other airports were also being used until the news story came out.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not Air Force One unless the president is on board.

When it's flying doing proficiency and training, it's just a VC-25, which is a 747 Classic (747-200). There are very few Classic 747's left flying.

I flew the highest time 747-100 left in service, on it's final leg, and flew the -200's. Very nice flying airplanes. Very well designed.

The VC-25's are a tad prettier than what we were flying.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post