SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    1967 Hi Power
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1967 Hi Power Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
Posting some photos of my FN Hi Power. I haven't taken any decent ones in a while. This one came to me with paper box and German owners manual. The mags still wrapped in oiled plastic. The best I can tell it is a 1967 model. Grips originally black plastic, now wearing Herretts.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! For many, mid-late 1960's T-Series pistols represent the high water mark of Hi-Power production.

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Thanks hjs. I have a friend who bought one new and still has it from the same time period. It is in excellent shape hardly ever shot. They are beautiful autos.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
Holy cow that’s nice!

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has that thing ever been used?

Looks in phenomenal shape! Eek

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
CPD, I haven't shot it. At the time I acquired it I had 3-4 other Hi Powers to shoot. I had a beautiful 69C model, and an excellent Silver Chrome model from the early 90s, this one is on par with those as far as condition. Smile

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is quite lovely.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Jhe, thanks I do like it.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful. Look at the depth of the finish.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is stunning.

TS

Posts: 858 | Location: California | Registered: March 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty! Always wanted one, but never pursued it enough.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That’s excellent!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Fine looking pistol. Something about those Hi-Powers.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Yep, beautiful!

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason Hi Powers never really appealed to me. That one has converted me. Those specific grips and the deep bluing. Yes please.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Beautiful example, enjoy it !

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grail gun! What a beautiful exemplar of the High Power. Thank you for letting us see this beauty from your collection.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That is purity.

It photographed very well.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post