SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Meal/Snack Protection Thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meal/Snack Protection Thread Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted
I'ts been a while since we've had one of these, and I thought it would be fun to start up the storied sigforum tradition yet again.

I love eating. I've always loved eating. Since getting diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a year of so ago, I've had to change my diet and pretty much eliminate carbs. This has been a challenge at times, but also forces one to think outside the box. Snack tonight was stuffed mushrooms:

Cut the stems off of 6 medium to large mushrooms. Lightly baste with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic salt. Stuff the cavities with a small piece of ham, a dab of blue cheese, and a small wedge of pepper jack. Place in 350 degree oven until cheese is lightly toasted. Allow to cool for a few minutes so you don't melt your face off. Consume. Dang good stuff...good enough that it requires some .357 Magnum protection from my 640 Pro!

What have you guys made recently that needs some protection?

Posts: 8542 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I don't have anything to offer other than, "Dang, that looks good!"

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I haven't made stuffed caps in a while.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post