SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Michigan vacation 2021
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan vacation 2021 Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
After missing Michigan for 2 years, we were able to visit recently.

Some of you may remember I use to post pics every year.

We started visiting MI for Summer vacation in 2000, we have been back 15 times.

If you have never considered MI for your Summer vacation, it may be worth your consideration.

When the kids were younger, we did a lot of the touristy stuff. Now, we focus more on the Beach and relaxation.

Some of the most spectacular sunsets ever.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nice

I grew up in MI and never vacationed at the beaches, I think I missed out

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! We love the west coast of Michigan, and the UP. We need to take a trip up again...it's only a couple of hours away. Where did you go this year?

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
We stay in a house South of the pier, leading from Portage Lake to Lake Michigan, in the town of Onekama.

Lake Michigan is 400' from our back door, and we LOVE it.

We visit Manistee, Arcadia, Frankfort and Glen Arbor. But mostly I sat on the beach.

As you probably know, the view from the Arcadia overlook is truly amazing, especially on a beautiful day.

We had dinner at Arcadia Bluffs golf Course for the first time. The bagpipes at sunset is truly magical.

As a kid, I grew up in Ann Arbor, but never could have imagined vacationing in MI.

IMO, there is no better Summer vacation than MI.

Pure Michigan!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
West coast of Michigan rocks. Lots of beach towns like Grand Haven.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It does look lovely, and it would be nice to find some cool weather.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time you are in the neighborhood stop by for a beer...or two

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
After getting home a from MI a month ago, we have just reserved the same rental house for our 5th consecutive year! We are going in early August 2022.

The home is between TC and Empire. We spend time in both places but we seem to be favoring Empire more lately. Best vacation decision ever for us. Cannot imagine anywhere I would rather summer vacation than the great lakes in general and west coast MI in particular.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
After getting home a from MI a month ago, we have just reserved the same rental house for our 5th consecutive year! We are going in early August 2022.

The home is between TC and Empire. We spend time in both places but we seem to be favoring Empire more lately. Best vacation decision ever for us. Cannot imagine anywhere I would rather summer vacation than the great lakes in general and west coast MI in particular.

BTW great pics all!

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
The Empire beach is a favorite of mine.

August is probably one of the best times for water temps.

There is a live cam, and I often check it and dream of being there.

https://sbsurfandkayak.com/wave-camera/

http://www.lakerart.com/links.htm

Pure Michigan!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Wife is from Lansing but we live just south of Louisville. For two years straight we drove to Michigan City, IN, and stayed by the lake. It’s nice for sure. Haven’t been back since Covid - def need to go next summer. From Michigan City, you can see the Chicago skyline in clear weather - it’s only 55 miles away straight-line distance. We had some good family times on the lake. Thanks for posting, brings back memories.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post