SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Summer River Cruise photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summer River Cruise photos Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted
I have just finished posting to Flickr my selected photos of the Cruise this summer of the Snake and Columbia Rivers. You can see them here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/...s/72157719908474971/. I still have to go through them and identify some and put Descriptions in the Albums and on some photos.

Here are a few I'm pleased with:
Hood River Mountain
DEC_3491.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

Ma Deuce in a Hood River museum:
DEC_3523.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

Old steam tractor in the Hood River museum:
DEC_3536.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

Multnomah Falls, Oregon:
Multnomah Falls pano.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

Side view of Mount St. Helens, Washington:
DEC_3758.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

Blast side of Mount St. Helens:
DEC_3729.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

Interesting structure on the Columbia River:
DEC_3864.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

Industrial plant on the Columbia River:
DEC_3917.jpg by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice pics, flashguy!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9356 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
very nice thanks for posting

Posts: 1594 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks hberttmank (Bert?), Mike, and Johnny! It's nice to have feedback.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Always appreciate your pictures, flashguy.

Was your cruise line the American Queen Steamboat Company by chance? I have a couple of friends who work there.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Always appreciate your pictures, flashguy.

Was your cruise line the American Queen Steamboat Company by chance? I have a couple of friends who work there.
Thank you very much! No, I cruised with American Cruise Lines.

flashguy

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Good to see you out and about doing one of your hobbies my friend.
Did the cats miss you?

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those are good photos, and take me back. I lived in Portland when I was 13 to 16 or so, and went up the Columbia River gorge many times. It is beautiful.

The last time I saw Mount Saint Helens in person, the whole mountain was still there. It blew up just a year or so after we moved away. I recall Mount Hood having more snow on it, even in the middle of summer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Good to see you out and about doing one of your hobbies my friend.
Did the cats miss you?
I don't know. With cats one can never be sure. They were checked every day or so by my Handyman, who kept them fed, coddled, and cleaned the litter boxes, as well as insuring that the house was OK.

At 83 I find that I'm not able to do a lot of walking, but if one chooses what activities (and tours) one participates in, it works. Regarding COVID, I had been vaccinated in the spring and was tested (negative) 4 times for the trips. Life is slowly getting back to normal here--some of my habitual activities are opening up again.

flashguy

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Those are good photos, and take me back. I lived in Portland when I was 13 to 16 or so, and went up the Columbia River gorge many times. It is beautiful.

The last time I saw Mount Saint Helens in person, the whole mountain was still there. It blew up just a year or so after we moved away. I recall Mount Hood having more snow on it, even in the middle of summer.
The complete set of my cruise photos is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/...s/72157719908474971/. I spent 4 years in Oregon (1960-1964)--2 1/2 years at Mt. Hebo 60 miles west of Portland on the coast, and 1 1/2 years at Adair AFS near Covallis. My first 4 years USAF and I didn't get out much. I did go to the 1964 Fair in Seattle, Washington, though. Also went skiing on Mt. Hood. Most of my traveling back then was to visit my parents.

flashguy

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fun trip and some beautiful pictures. I've been to Oregon only one time, but found it to be absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 8385 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Looks like a fun trip and some beautiful pictures. I've been to Oregon only one time, but found it to be absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you. It was, and you're welcome.

flashguy