SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Two S&Ws Part Deux: K-22 and 625 Mountain Gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two S&Ws Part Deux: K-22 and 625 Mountain Gun Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
As noted in another recent post featuring this K-22, I’ve been practicing with said gun toward being a better revolver shooter.

In a recent session, the K-22 was paired with a 625 Mountain Gun in .45 ACP. I’m not the original owner of either wheelgun, but I’ve been enjoying them both a lot. Moon-clips are so handy and fun to use!

Grips on the 625 are from Ahrends.

Both guns as pictured are quite dirty and are slated for cleaning soon.

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I like how you roll with the Model 625 in .45 ACP! It's one of my favorite N-frame choices for carry.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Many thanks - I like those grips and front sight on yours!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've said it before....but you, sir, have excellent taste in guns! Both of these are on my short list (although I want the mountain gun in .45 Colt)....just waiting for the right deal to come along.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you so much! I’ve seen / read / heard many, many good things about the .45 Colt cartridge, I suspect you’ll love it when you find that right Mountain Gun!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Back to the range recently with these two. Worked on mostly 2-shot strings, shot from low-ready with the K-22 and from concealment with the 625. Gunleather for the 625 was a Milt Sparks Summer Special and “Moon Pouches” from Jeffrey Custom Leather. Reloading of the K-22 was simply from the ammo boxes, one of which was purchased five years back haha...

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Two favorites!

Here's mine:

It's in 45LC.

Model 18

Both real fun and accurate.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ @ Snapping Twig those look great!

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
These two are my favorites for introducing handguns for former non-shooters:

1947 K-22 Masterpiece

1980 8” Python - starting out with mild .38 Spl. loads

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Love it @Z06! I like that “one-line address” on your K-22; mine has the same. Mine dates to ‘47, too.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Some very nice revolvers in this thread.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Indeed! I’m glad there is so much fondness for the revolver here!