SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Gander Winston Salem UPDATE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gander Winston Salem UPDATE Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
I stopped by today and picked up Hodgdon Universal 8lb for $60. I haven’t ever used Universal but for that price I bought two.

Does it meter pretty good? I guess that would be my only concern.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David W,

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Do they have any other powders on sale like that?

I tried it in the past in 45ACP. Not bad but not the best in my firearms for "flip". It meters similar to Clays which is what I went to in 45ACP (for USPSA games). It's not the best metering powder but surprisingly not bad in my Hornady LnL.
For that price one could learn to love it.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, no other powders

David W.

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Universal is so similar to Unique the charge weights will interchange...

I bought some during the "great powder drought' of the Obummer years and it worked very well in place of Unique...

It is excellent powder... At $60 for 8lb I would buy a BUNCH!!!

FWIW

Chuck

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went by there today, don't need powder, but did get 7 boxes of ammo for the 300 Savage I just bought. 25% off sticker. Not free, but they had it, and now I have a lifetime supply for the Rem M81. Lots of ammo left on the shelves, not just oddballs. 270, 308, 30-06, 7x57, many more, including 3040 Krag. Store was a ghost town. Not more than 2 other customers in the whole place.

Posts: 1638 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Check the jug. They put 4lbs in the same jug as 8lbs :/
I thought I'd got a great dear like yours ...it was 4 lbs ...

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Went by Saturday and got 2 more 8lbs at $55 a piece!

Haveme1or2 mine are definitely 8# jugs.

Going to wait a few days and see if they are cheaper, this might be my new 9mm powder for a few years Big Grin

David W.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
UPDATE: Went by Saturday and got 2 more 8lbs at $55 a piece!

Haveme1or2 mine are definitely 8# jugs.

Going to wait a few days and see if they are cheaper, this might be my new 9mm powder for a few years Big Grin

That would last me a decade and I shoot a fair amount

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post