SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Indoor powder storage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indoor powder storage Login/Join 
posted
A follow up to my last question. If you store your powder inside your house and not in the garage how do you store it? I've heard about people separating it by 50m and some just putting it all together. I've seen it just sitting on a shelf in a group in store so I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I keep mine on an open faced bookshelf in the basement. Primers are stored on the lower bench shelf. They’re probably 20’ apart.

I’m below the limit on special storage but as I finish the basement and grow my supplies, I’ll probably get a wooden footlocker for the powder.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of smaller black with yellow top bins (from Costco) plastic bin (covered) for the powder and for the primers (separate bin.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Here's an old thread concerning powder storage that I remembered posting to.

Old powder storage thread

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My powder sits on the shelf above my safe....
If the house ever catches fire the fire department will spend their time there...keeping my gun safe wet and cool.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post