SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Mr. Bullet Feeder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mr. Bullet Feeder Login/Join 
Picture of rwilli
posted
A few years ago I purchased a "Mini" Mr. bullet feeder and have been a believer ever since---The Mini has run so smoothly for me that I went ahead and purchase the standard Mr. Bullet Feeder. Most of the YouTube video authors mention the loss of the Dillon Powder check as down side to the Mr. Bullet Feeder. With this in mind I purchased RCBS' Seater/Crimp die and am hoping for smooth and safer operation with both the bullet feeder and the powder check system-----I am just curious if any one else is using this or similar setup and what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Bob

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 125 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I use the Mr Bullet Feeder for 9mm on a 650 with no powder cop. I visually look into each case as it indexes and am confident I'd see something weird. I do love the bullet feeder.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
Thanks

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 125 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I find that when using cast lead projectiles, it always works better with separate seating and crimping dies.

Using a shared seat/crimp die, you'll be shaving off some lead as the crimp is being applied and the projectile is still being seated. The lead/lube/powder coat remnants can cause chambering difficulty.

If using strictly jacketed projectiles, then no problems.

I check for no powder/correct powder/double charge visually. RCBS progressive machine.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I use one with my 650 and still use my powder check. Prior to it I seated and crimped in two steps, but went back to one with the feeder. Since I only use it to load 45ACP, I don't see it as anything of real consequence, I was only doing two stages because I happened to have the extra dies.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I’m using the mini mr bullet feeder on my 750 with a Double Alpha Academy “short” powder bar and their powder cop. It works great!
https://www.doublealpha.biz/us...rt-dillon-powder-bar

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I’ve loaded many thousands using a Mr Bullet Feeder and seat and crimp separately. No issues. I have a good set of LED lights and an endoscope setup to see in the case.

On the Dillon RL1100 I’m able to load about 1,000rds an hour and I look in each case.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have loaded thousands of coated bullets with the Mr Bullet Feeder.
That are on sale now. They just came out with the gen2 feeder so the standard one is on sale.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I have loaded thousands of coated bullets with the Mr Bullet Feeder.
I have been loading on a 650. I seat and crimp in separate stages.
I am moving my 9mm to a new 1100. Got all the dies set up today. I am going to load a bunch of 9mm before I move the bullet feeder over to the 1100.
I want to have enough ammo made if something is not working correctly on the 1100.

That are on sale now. They just came out with the gen2 feeder so the standard one is on sale.

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post