SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Multi stage reloading and powder hopper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Multi stage reloading and powder hopper Login/Join 
posted
Getting ready to move into a progressive press setup.
How long do you leave powder in your powder drop?
Do you empty it after each session or leave it in hopper for several days if you are coming back to reload?
Recommendations appreciated.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
As I do long runs when reloading (3000 over 2-3 days) I leave the powder in the hopper until I am finished. Then I empty it. The hopper gets cloudy from residue if left for a long time.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I usually reload on Saturday's for an hour or so and then come back later in the day and do another hour or so. I leave the powder in until I'm finished for the day but then I empty it back into the jug each day.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I leave the powder in the hopper until I have loaded all of that caliber that I had planned.....then empty, and change toolhead to next caliber to be loaded.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I'm anal. I empty the powder after every session. That way, if I want to use a different powder next time, I can!

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
A week or three at a time. I usually run a powder hopper worth of ammo if I can and then switch calibers.

I always check when I get back to it and since it’s in the dark basement, and I don’t leave it for long long periods, I’ve not noticed discoloring. I rubber band a dryer sheet to it and use masking tape to write the caliber and powder on it.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post