SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    I sent 200 cases to be hydraformed 6br to 30br & neck turned
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I sent 200 cases to be hydraformed 6br to 30br & neck turned Login/Join 
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted
Wow ! I like this. I didn't have to do all that be necking up and fire forming. Beautiful right near ready to shoot.
I did clean up a few brass swirls, camfer etc ...

I was turned on to DJ's brass service by a Smith here. I'd never heard of doing this.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
https://www.whiddengunworks.com/hydraulic-form-die/

Interesting process.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hydro-forming die from Whidden is a whole lotta trouble and messy in my experience. I sold mine as it was time consuming and inconsistent.

Similar comment as to DJs brass service. Its easy and convenient but "almost gets the job done". The cartridge's still need to be fireformed to get the case fully expanded and the shoulders pushed out to final dimensions/angles.

Given that a fireforming load must still be done, I find it cheaper and easier to just run a quick fireforming load and use it for positional practice. It is 30gr of Varget over whatever 6mm bullet I can find cheap - Jammed 0.030 into the lands.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post