SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Who do we like for online bullet purchase?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who do we like for online bullet purchase? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
I did a search, and also read the thread at the top of the Reloading forum of best online purchases, but there is not much of anything more current.

I will reload 9mm and 45ACP as well as 44 Mag & Special and 45 Colt. Also some 243, 270 & 30.06, maybe some 223.

Who do we like for Online purchases?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
When they had stock to ship/ sell, I liked Midsouth Shooters.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If you like plated for handguns, use Berry's or X-Treme.

For the rifle, it depends on what you want to use it for: Hunting, plinking, varmint hunting, long range target shooting, etc.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've used Precision Delta in 9 and 45, RMR Bullets in 9, and Killough Shooting Spors in 9, aside from Hornady bullets. All good with the Hornady and Killough Shooting Sports being the nicest.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
Midway is good when they have a sale and their free shipping deal.

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you shoot a lot of 9mm RMR is real hard to beat.Good people!

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I jump around some, see what’s on sale. I just did another order with Midway, saw some reasonably priced plated 45 acp bullets.

Another thing I do is load the cheap gullets for the vast majority of my shooting(common sense). That’s usually plated, FMJ, or lead. Even when it comes to hunting, placement ‘trumps’ relatively minor bullet differences.

I ordered from Xtreme bullets a few months ago. One may have to cast a wider net to find the type in stock & ready to ship. Recently I started loading the 444 Marlin. I found cases, dies & the rest, but it took some looking.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I use Montana Gold for my 44 and 45 ACP, and Rimrock Bullets for 45LC and 45-70s.

Posts: 20074 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with Brass and Bullet Hub.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I buy 9, 40, 357 pistol bullets from SNS Casting. I've also bought Missouri Bullet, and Berry's. For .223 I usually shop around on Midway or Midsouth Shooters Supply.

Nick
nick_mur

Posts: 98 | Location: Peoria IL | Registered: December 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I have made a few bullet purchases for bullets from Midway ... and with the "Honey" app thang have gotten at least a 10% discount. At least it covered my shipping or tax.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everglades ammo and they always have free shipping. Wink

https://www.evergladesammo.com/

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends what your end-goal is. For bulk loading and shooting, I use coated cast lead, becasue it leaves the barrels clean, it's inexpensive, and I can shoot a lot of it for less money.

Blue Bullets, and Bayou have worked well.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Bullets International. Just picked up 10k, 147gr 9mm projectiles 2 weeks ago.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I found an interesting seller from an internet search, Matt's Bullets dot com. Prices seem reasonable. Anyone use them before? I think I'll make a purchase from them very soon.

LINK to Mattsbullets

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I found an interesting seller from an internet search, Matt's Bullets dot com. Prices seem reasonable. Anyone use them before? I think I'll make a purchase from them very soon.

LINK to Mattsbullets

Don't know these people, don't know what you are ordering but, just a fast check.

45 colt 260 gr swc $22.00 a hundred 104.50 for 500
https://www.mattsbullets.com/i...rai72cc5iqq7r2cuer27

45 colt 255 gr swc $14.00 a hundred,(and they're coated) $56.00 for 400

https://missouribullet.com/det...condary=14&keywords=

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've uses RMR for 9mm bullets. Delivery was reasonable even during the height of the lockdown. I haven't shot a lot of them yet, but the ones I've shot have performed well.

On the flip side, I ordered some .45-70 bullets from a place called Beartooth Bullets back in mid-March and haven't heard a peep from them since.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rim Rock Bullets for cast lead.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roze Distribution if you like Zero bullets.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

LINK to Mattsbullets

I purchased from him about a year or so ago, the 45 270 SAA for a 45 colt. Good product and easy to deal with, would recommend again!

Posts: 212 | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post