SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Just got a Redding Turret Press
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got a Redding Turret Press Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted
I've got a pair of blue 650's and had an old Lyman T that my father in law gave me before he passed. The Lyman was my intro to reloading and made a bunch of ammo, enough that I learned I wanted a progressive press. I still used the Lyman with a bullet puller die and for working up a new load but my nephew wanted to learn to reload so I gave him his grandfathers Lyman.

My plan was to pick up a Rockchucker but the turret press wasn't that much more and would be a timesaver. I just got it out of the box and it seems that it will live up to it's reputation, I'll just need to find bench space now.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's an excellent press. I have been using my T-7 for several years now. I use it for my match 308 ammo and on the head right now I have a Redding S-type Small Base bushing die, a Redding competition seater die, a Redding Headspace indicator & dial, a Redding (I think) mandrel die and a bullet pointing die.

I'm going to add another 308 seater die as I am preparing to load another type bullet for testing purposes. That will leave one hole open for a while.

This is a great press and it produces world class ammo if you pay attention. I think you chose well.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Geaux Tigers
Picture of Alcapone396
posted Hide Post
A lyman can't sit on the same bench with the Redding in my honest opinion..Hey the lyman is good but just not in the same class as the Redding!!

Al______________Capone396

P220 Combat, P220 Sport, P220EL, X-5 Comp 9mm , P226 BlackWater, P226 ST.357 Sig, P226ST 9mm, P229ST .40, P228, P232 SL, Glock 19, CZ75BSS, CZ-83, S&W 29, S&W 640, S&W 642, Ruger MKII, Ruger Charger,, HKP7,,Browning Hi Power, Colt Anaconda, S&W 460 Mag, RRA 9mm CAR, Robinson Arms XCR, FN-SLP ,Arsenal SAS-M7,, Built AR-15 with lots of goodies,,Etc, Etc, Etc.....

Posts: 1263 | Location: Down South in Bayou Country | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I like Redding, mostly in the die category. They make good stuff.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
You’ll love the T-7. I like mine so much that I purchased a separate tool head and two primer setups. Great press for stuff like 416 Rigby and 458 Lott. I may not do high quantity, but 416 Rigby can be $12 a round for factory ammunition, so the T-7 paid for itself in 60 rounds.

It is very sturdy. Almost no flex in the tool head.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post