SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Cheapest 6.5 bullets and load?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheapest 6.5 bullets and load? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Let's face it, there's no such thing as milsurp 6.5C. I'm now testing M14 rifle builds in 6.5C which means I need a supply of 6.5 ammo.

I have the dies and primers. I most likely have the powder, but can anyone recommend a cheap bullet that I can use to at least dial in the scope to get on paper, then switch to good ammo for accuracy testing?

Even if I can't find bullets, I can probably horse-trade some 30cal bullets one for one.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think you have many options to compare in these times, you should jump on what's available and make it work for your needs..

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...&utm_campaign=818071

Posts: 8 | Registered: February 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Check with powder valley ,that has been one's of the few in stock.
I check them twice a day and have scored some things.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Benny - I have several partial boxes of various 6.5 bullets that I bought when I was doing initial load development for my 6.5CM bolt gun, that I won't be using. 120gr, 130gr, Berger, Lapua, Sierra. I settled on the Berger 140gr and I have a full 500rd box of Sierra 142's that I won't be using also. You're welcome to any or all of them.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post