SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Lowes Clearance 1/4 X 20 tap/die combo for stuck case removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lowes Clearance 1/4 X 20 tap/die combo for stuck case removal Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
Would this work well for stuck case removal? It's suddenly on a clearance deal. 75% off. Pretty cheap for some backups or to have on hand to help someone else out. I just ordered 3, for what the heck why not.

LINK

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OKCGene,

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
For a stuck case removal from a sizing die? Yes. My RCBS tap rusted badly.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
That may, what about the other parts/tools? I have the Lyman stuck case removal kit, used it a few times.

It comes with the parts that, once you ‘tap’ it, a screw & holder to pull the case out. I think you could pair that tap with the rest of the kit, and a screw to pull the case out.

I’m not big on sticking cases, sometimes a tight case with a weak rim can lead to frustration. I load a few weirdo cartridges, at times used a case holder that wasn’t ideal.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've been very lucky, only stuck one case, a .223

Used the RCBS kit to pull it out and decided after that experience to only use Lee sizing dies as they come with a stuck case remover built in.

10 times faster.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Here’s a good video on the rest of the process, DIY stuck case removal.

https://youtu.be/daSamc3XUic

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Here’s a good video on the rest of the process, DIY stuck case removal.

https://youtu.be/daSamc3XUic

Great video ... I learned something new today ! Thanks.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Your reloading bench should have a vice,taking a press is not the way to go IMHO.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post