SIGforum
Ginex Bosnian Primers

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/840601935/m/7060052394

July 08, 2022, 01:02 PM
Flash-LB
Ginex Bosnian Primers
A friend I shoot with every week bought 5K of these recently and brought one to the range to show me.

It had no anvil, but the priming compound looked good.

I like to try things, so I got him to give it to me, I pulled the anvil from a spent primer, set it in the Bosnian primer and seated it in a 9MM case with a 115 grain RN Frontier bullet over 4.8 grains of Bullseye.

It went bang with gusto and the whole weekly group was clustered around me watching when I did it.

Did make the R.O. curious, so we explained the whole thing to him and he thought it was a pretty cute trick.
July 08, 2022, 09:00 PM
Riley
What are you saying? The Ginex Primers your friend has didn’t have anvils? Or was it just an odd one you wanted to see if you could make go off?

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.
July 09, 2022, 08:06 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
What are you saying? The Ginex Primers your friend has didn’t have anvils? Or was it just an odd one you wanted to see if you could make go off?

The rest of them in the pack he was using had anvils and I just wanted to see if I could make it go off.

The consensus of the group was that it wouldn't go off. I was about the only one who thought it would. They even took a video I haven't seen.
July 09, 2022, 05:06 PM
Riley
Ok. Makes sense. It was a long day yesterday.

July 12, 2022, 09:57 PM
92fstech
Interesting...I didn't know they'd work without anvils. A few months back I picked up some primers from an estate sale. Most of them were NIB,but they threw in a few plastic bags of 100ct loose primers that looked like they'd been purchased at a gun show or something. There was some loose priming compound and a number of the anvils had fallen out.

I put the anvils back in and loaded the whole lot of them into some designated range ammo that I took out right away and shot up. Every single one of those sketchy things went bang...I was impressed.
July 13, 2022, 08:08 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Interesting...I didn't know they'd work without anvils. A few months back I picked up some primers from an estate sale. Most of them were NIB,but they threw in a few plastic bags of 100ct loose primers that looked like they'd been purchased at a gun show or something. There was some loose priming compound and a number of the anvils had fallen out.

I put the anvils back in and loaded the whole lot of them into some designated range ammo that I took out right away and shot up. Every single one of those sketchy things went bang...I was impressed.

They won't work without anvils.
July 13, 2022, 10:01 AM
92fstech
quote:

Ah, I see that now. Sorry, reading comprehension fail. I'm curious, where does one go about acquiring these Ginex primers?
July 13, 2022, 10:06 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

Ah, I see that now. Sorry, reading comprehension fail. I'm curious, where does one go about acquiring these Ginex primers?

Midsouth is where my friends got theirs.

https://www.midsouthshooterssu...b/unis-ginex-primers
February 12, 2023, 02:49 PM
toxophilus84
These .38Spcl test rounds were built using Ginex primers; gorgeous day yesterday here in Colorado... cleaning brass and will resume with the one I favor the most.

Not divulging the load data as I'm using the powder I have on hand & the data isn't listed in any publication.

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".
December 07, 2023, 09:22 AM
gjgalligan
Kinda looking for any pros/cons overall on GINEX primers.
Other then one primer was missing anvil.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
December 07, 2023, 04:00 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
I’ve had missing anvils in several brands of domestic brands over the last 40 years of reloading…it’s rare but it happens…I’ve purchased 10,000 Ginex primers over the last few years from American Reloading for cheap (in this market) plus the offer free shipping and no Hazmat charges…they are harder than most domestic brands and many Cowboy Action shooters have had issues in their pistols (most use Federal primers with light hammer springs)…their large and small rifle primers are pretty much just mil-spec primers like the CCI #41 and #34 primers and I’ve had zero issues with them.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
December 07, 2023, 08:16 PM
357fuzz
Good primers.

A couple of us old military rifle shooters at my home range did a group buy of them a little while ago from Powder Valley. They are about the only ones getting large rifle primers in. No difference than my go-to Winnie large rifle primers in my military bolt rifles or CCI #34’s in my Garands.

I did discover that they have a hard cup. On our last match it was cold out and I have 6 light primer strikes out of 70 rounds in my Finn M-39. Evidently I didn’t get all the cosmoline out of the firing pin channel. Got cold enough to make the cosmoline a little bit stiffer slowing down the firing pin a hair. No other primers I have tried in the cold had did that until these.
December 07, 2023, 09:32 PM
Riley
I’ve shot many thousands of Ginex small pistol primers, both brass and nickel cup in 9mm and 40 S&W.

I don’t remember having a bad one. They work great in my hammer fired CZs with reduced power 13lb hammer springs and in stock striker guns including Glocks and P320s.

December 10, 2023, 08:50 PM
AZSigs
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
A friend I shoot with every week bought 5K of these recently and brought one to the range to show me.

It had no anvil, but the priming compound looked good.

I like to try things, so I got him to give it to me, I pulled the anvil from a spent primer, set it in the Bosnian primer and seated it in a 9MM case with a 115 grain RN Frontier bullet over 4.8 grains of Bullseye.

It went bang with gusto and the whole weekly group was clustered around me watching when I did it.

Did make the R.O. curious, so we explained the whole thing to him and he thought it was a pretty cute trick.

If you need some SRP of the same manufacturer drop me a note. I have a lot and am selling most of my reloading supplies since I am retiring.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor