SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Ginex Bosnian Primers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Ginex Bosnian Primers Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted
A friend I shoot with every week bought 5K of these recently and brought one to the range to show me.

It had no anvil, but the priming compound looked good.

I like to try things, so I got him to give it to me, I pulled the anvil from a spent primer, set it in the Bosnian primer and seated it in a 9MM case with a 115 grain RN Frontier bullet over 4.8 grains of Bullseye.

It went bang with gusto and the whole weekly group was clustered around me watching when I did it.

Did make the R.O. curious, so we explained the whole thing to him and he thought it was a pretty cute trick.
 
Posts: 9322 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
What are you saying? The Ginex Primers your friend has didn’t have anvils? Or was it just an odd one you wanted to see if you could make go off?




Looking for an Alaskan Malamute? Look here: http://www.moonsongmals.org
Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
 
Posts: 8029 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
What are you saying? The Ginex Primers your friend has didn’t have anvils? Or was it just an odd one you wanted to see if you could make go off?


The rest of them in the pack he was using had anvils and I just wanted to see if I could make it go off.

The consensus of the group was that it wouldn't go off. I was about the only one who thought it would. They even took a video I haven't seen.
 
Posts: 9322 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Ok. Makes sense. It was a long day yesterday.




Looking for an Alaskan Malamute? Look here: http://www.moonsongmals.org
Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
 
Posts: 8029 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Interesting...I didn't know they'd work without anvils. A few months back I picked up some primers from an estate sale. Most of them were NIB,but they threw in a few plastic bags of 100ct loose primers that looked like they'd been purchased at a gun show or something. There was some loose priming compound and a number of the anvils had fallen out.

I put the anvils back in and loaded the whole lot of them into some designated range ammo that I took out right away and shot up. Every single one of those sketchy things went bang...I was impressed.
 
Posts: 6008 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Interesting...I didn't know they'd work without anvils. A few months back I picked up some primers from an estate sale. Most of them were NIB,but they threw in a few plastic bags of 100ct loose primers that looked like they'd been purchased at a gun show or something. There was some loose priming compound and a number of the anvils had fallen out.

I put the anvils back in and loaded the whole lot of them into some designated range ammo that I took out right away and shot up. Every single one of those sketchy things went bang...I was impressed.


They won't work without anvils.
 
Posts: 9322 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
They won't work without anvils.


Ah, I see that now. Sorry, reading comprehension fail. I'm curious, where does one go about acquiring these Ginex primers?
 
Posts: 6008 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
They won't work without anvils.


Ah, I see that now. Sorry, reading comprehension fail. I'm curious, where does one go about acquiring these Ginex primers?


Midsouth is where my friends got theirs.

https://www.midsouthshooterssu...b/unis-ginex-primers
 
Posts: 9322 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Ginex Bosnian Primers

© SIGforum 2022