SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Possible New Reloading Supplies (Primers) Coming Soon…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible New Reloading Supplies (Primers) Coming Soon… Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Hopefully this information is correct per Jarred at “Guns and Gadgets” YouTube channel…as he said in his video that this will not only help reloaders but also ammunition manufacturers who are having trouble with the shortage of primers slowing the manufacturing of ammunition Smile…locally I am seeing some powders coming back around (mostly Shooters World pistol powders and Accurate pistol powders, spendy$ (Only rifle (?) powder on the shelf was a single 1# bottle of AA5744@ $57.99 plus TN 9.75% sales tax…NOPE) compared to bygone days, but I have seen it with my own two peepers…zero primers though…and not much of a chance in the near future…maybe this might change shortly Razz

https://youtu.be/okaDQ-euO_c

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I opened the link it was just him talking about lobby day and calling your Virginia delegates.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I clicked on his page and found it. Interesting. Hope it comes true.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I bought some primers yesterday, a friend/guy scaling back on reloading. I was trying to help him out as much as adding to any supply. He wants to limited gear for a multi state move.

He had mostly rifle primers, large. I bought 3k of the large rifle, one K of small pistol.

The price was $50 per 1000, Winchester.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing primers show up once a week or so on different websites.

Just bought 3,000 small rifle primers for a computer illiterate friend, $85.00/1,000 delivered and including hazmat.

Not horrible in today's world, I guess.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Hey, just messaged with buddy, he’s in N Central IL, leaving the State in a few months.

He’s not overrun with primers, mostly large Rifle. He does have a fair amount, 6+ lbs of H-335, H-414, Retumbo, 870, then some rifle bullets.

He has a relative out west he may drop some off at. I’m just mentioning in the off chance someone lives close & could use some.

He’s not interested in giving it away, has a relative for that. I do think his prices would be below an Armslist scalper.

I’ll vouch for his trustworthiness. Just FYI’ing.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Primers are (and remain) the one component that is difficult to find for sale, either locally or online, for me.
I have purchased 7lbs of powder in the last 1.5 months, along with 3,000 projectiles (9mm and .224 diameters). I am now aware that you can buy powder directly from Hodgdon on their website, after ordering 3lbs of CFE-Pistol last week.
Even brass is available if you need it.
But primers?
I lucked out and found a seller here on Sig Forum for my last batch, 5K small pistol.
If/when supplies return to 'normal' I am going on a spending spree for this stuff.
Which I should have done a couple years ago.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
If/when supplies return to 'normal' I am going on a spending spree for this stuff.
Which I should have done a couple years ago.

It'll return to normal, just give it a while.

This is the 4th primer/powder shortage in my reloading career. The first happened when Clinton was first elected President.

I didn't have a lot of primers in stock at that time and was down to a couple thousand when supplies came back. The following Christmas, Mrs. Flash gave me 12,000 primers and I stocked even more in subsequent months.

As a result of that, Mrs. Flash and I have been shooting at least twice a week since the shortages started and we still have a good amount of stock.

It's a good thing to warehouse what you need for emergencies.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I have stockpiled so much in the past 20 years, during the shortage lulls, that I have actually sold off some of my stuff. I recently sold two pounds of Retumbo for $35 a pound. I hope me trying to help out isn't just feeding the scalpers. I'm seeing Retumbo going for $80 a pound. With the mess that is Australia's C19 response, I wouldn't count on seeing any ADI produced powder for awhile.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have been through 4 tough times and have not been caught short again! Always looking forward never back,always keep a little stock as backup.

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I have stockpiled so much in the past 20 years, during the shortage lulls, that I have actually sold off some of my stuff. I recently sold two pounds of Retumbo for $35 a pound. I hope me trying to help out isn't just feeding the scalpers. I'm seeing Retumbo going for $80 a pound. With the mess that is Australia's C19 response, I wouldn't count on seeing any ADI produced powder for awhile.

Wanna be best primer friends? Smile

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post