SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Easy Brass Polishing!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Easy Brass Polishing! Login/Join 
Picture of Josh Smith
posted
Hello,

I was playing with different methods of shining brass.

Wet tumbling, I used 2 cups water and added one tablespoon lime juice.

This is the result:

I hope this helps someone!

Regards,

Josh

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Oh MY!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
lot of extra steps,hope they don't gall the bullets in the loading process

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
lot of extra steps,hope they don't gall the bullets in the loading process

This is why I don't wet tumble pistol brass...

And I'm honestly starting to wonder if it's worth the headache for rifle brass, too. Too many extra steps and time, and corn cob is cheap enough..

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I'm in the meh column on wet tumbling. That dirty ass water has to go somewhere...drying is for laundry Big Grin

Keeping your corncob media clean is easy, that lizard junk walnut not so much. Stopped using that stuff a few years ago.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks nice Josh.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Tango Sierra
posted Hide Post
TRshootem:

I agree about the dirty water and drying. I also agree about the lizard walnut crap, but I use walnut media from Harbor Freight which is much cleaner to start with and it stays clean a long time when used with used dryer sheets. It's a lot less expensive and becomes cheaper yet if you split the box with someone else.

I use the walnut to clean the brass and then run the brass through a second tumbler using corn cob media for polishing. I get the corn cob media from an industrial supply house which is cheaper, cleaner and does a better job than the stuff from the pet store. I don't need dryer sheets with the corn cob since the brass was already cleaned with the walnut.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Rural North Central Illinois | Registered: November 12, 2002Report This Post