SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    SPP for $475/case Limited Availability
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPP for $475/case Limited Availability Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted
If you need small pistol primers, Capital Cartridge has a case for $525. I understand these primers are used by PPU.

14 cases available at this time

Capital Cartridge Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ugeesta,

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Brand doesn't make too much of a difference in Small Pistol primers.

$105.00/1,000 and free hazmat and shipping.

Not too bad these days I guess.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I picked some up to try. I shoot primarily hammer fired guns so these should work, if only for practice ammo.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Thanks, I picked some up to try. I shoot primarily hammer fired guns so these should work, if only for practice ammo.

Did you place your order after they sold out? I see you can still add an order to the cart even though it says ‘out of stock’. Odd.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
It said they had 9 in stock when I ordered. After the order, I talked to a friend that said the dealer was legit and had bought stuff their before.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Yup, they are legit but didn’t know they delved in primers. I bought used bread from them before.

My primers showed up today

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Delivered on a Saturday?

My shipment has had odd updates from scheduled to deliver last Friday, then Saturday and now today. Nothing has show up and the descriptions on the shipment notes were odd. I’m a little concerned but I’ll follow the UPS tracking and if they don’t show, I’ll call them.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Got the primers and all seems okay, happy so far I’ll load some tonight or and test this weekend if the weather holds. They look like they’ll run well through the DAA Primer tube filler. CCI does well but Winchester are sticky so I’m excited to test these.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Awesome. That's a good point. I didn't think about making up a batch to see how they perform. Might have to do that soon as well.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
They feed great in the DAA primer tube filler, which is awesome as that’s the slow part for me now. They all seem to be right side up.

I didn’t get to load tonight but will try in the morning to get some done and test out. I’m not too concerned as I’ve seen pretty good reviews.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Worked great in the 50 or so I tried. No chrono as it’s too cold for me right now but the gun function and fired fire.

Test gun was a CZ Shadow 2 with stock firing pin and spring with a 15lb hammer spring. Gets to about 8lb double action and 2.5lb single action. Not supper light but I’m more for reliability than lightest trigger weight.

Seating was fine in mixed non processed brass and seated about .002-.003 below flush.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
They come and go, last batch was listed for $575 per 5k.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Looks like Capital Cartridge has primers back in stock. $475/shipped.

https://capitalcartridge.com/deal-of-the-week/

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Update. After loading a case of these between 9mm and 40 S&W, a few things.

No noticeable difference in chrono speeds, they fire 100% though I’ve mostly shot them in hammer fired vs striker guns. The only issue I’ve found is they take a little more force to seat deep enough on the Dillon XL650 and I’ve had to adjust the depth on the RL1100. They feed fine in the primer tubes and primer feed assembly on the press.