SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    How does VV n320 compare to Power Pistol for 9mm 124/147?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does VV n320 compare to Power Pistol for 9mm 124/147? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I really like Power Pistol for my 9mm 124/147 gr reloads and also .40 165/180.

Some complain that it is flashy, but I've not had a problem with this just shooting at the range in the daytime. Rounds are quick and accurate. A double charge would be very noticeable.

That being said, I've always heard the Vihtavuori powders are really nice for similar reloads, but I have never tried any. With it being a little pricier and harder to find, I am curious how others would compare the two. Would n320 be the best variety?

I wouldn't mind testing something that is softer shooting, but I really do not like it when the shot feels slow.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big believer in VV N320 for the heavies. Currently, I use 3.2g under a 147gr Black Bullet International and it is like shooting cotton balls. Anyone who tries this round swears it is cheating.

Another plus - burns clean.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is faster than PP (PP is somewhere between N330 and N340) and it doesn't produce the accuracy in MY 9x19 guns that PP does.
I much prefer 231/HP38 to N320.

Posts: 161 | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Being cheep I went to universal by hodsgon for the nine, years back,its clean and accurate and using 5 gn it will not let you double charge on the 115 I shoot.The 231 win was dirty for me.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PP produces the smallest groups of any powder I have tested in my 9x19 guns. After that, I really don't care about any other powder property.
N320 is about like 231/HP38, Green Dot, and Zip.
Very good powders for low pressure rounds like .38 Spl or .45 Auto.
Now, if accuracy isn't your thing, you might as well use a less expensive powder like 231/HP38 or whatever (AA2, Bullseye, Red Dot, etc.).
Again, whenever I hear about powder "cleanliness" (something I shake my head over), I laugh because all those who looked to NEW powders for "clean" allowed the absolute cleanest powder, IMR PB, to DIE. You lost your clean powder in your search for new and improved.

Posts: 161 | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post