SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted
I decapped 1k once-fired Lake City 5.56 that just got here and threw a few handfuls in the stainless Tumbler.

Tomorrow 1250 large primer 45 ACP are due to arrive, followed by 2k once fired M200 and 2k SAW brass.

Standard trigger and SRT kit for the 227 showed up today. Tomorrow the Wheeler brass punches arrive, and so do 2# of 1680 and 500 69 gr SMKs.

Also ordered 1k 125 gr SMK seconds from PVI today.

Needed something to keep me busy until this frozen tundra thaws back out. Smile

So what did YOU do today in reloading-land?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Getting set up to load 5.56 on my Dillon 550B . Just ordered a replacement decapping assembly for my Redding sizing die . I don't even remember how it got f'ed up . Already got my delivery of Berger 77gr. OTM's . Picked up some 8208 XBR the other day . Should be cranking out rounds by next week . Have to do something to pass the time till it warms back up Smile

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Pretty much all I've done this week, outside of tending to the snow.
Prepped a couple thousand 223 casings and loaded a few hundred.

Found a booboo I did a while back...was sitting here watching the boobtube and hand priming 223 when I found some that hadn't been chamfered...only then did I realize that I had handprimed about 200 casings which had been decapped only, so then had to size and finish them all off.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Not shit. I packed all my stuff, moved into a rental, the basement flooded 2 days after I moved in, so I got the hell out. Bastard landlord lied about the basement not leaking. Mad Everything is in boxes until I can find another house.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I loaded the last of my VV340 for my 45ACP load. I switched powders to WST and made up 25 rounds to see how they will work in my 1911's tomorrow. If I like the load then it will be a longer reloading session on Saturday.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I love wst in 45. What's your load?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
I loaded up 50 pcs of 6.5x47 for shooting Saturday.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sorted by head stamp (to make sure I separated any military crimp brass) 2k pieces of d-primed, clean, 9mm brass that arrived Monday from Rook Defense (Tom is a super guy to buy brass from). Tomorrow, after my son, DIL, and grandson head back to Keesler AFB I will get to start using my Super Swage 600 that also arrived this past week from Dillon on some 9mm brass that I d-primed last weekend....

Happy New Year Exx1976 to you and yours....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded 100rds of 6x47 for a match this Saturday.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did some inventory taking and made a list of items I need to get in the near future - various dies, powder trickler, flash hole deburrer, and primer pocket uniformer.

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

I'm using a Precision Delta 230gr FMJ bullet over 4.3gr WST to start. I will see how 4.3 and 4.5grs shoot tomorrow and decide which way to go. Since I have been using VV340 for several years now it will be a real change. I hear WST is clean burning and accurate in most .45 loads.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mississippi Dave
posted Hide Post
I haven't been nearly as industrious as most have been. I only loaded up the last couple hundred .357 mag cases that needed filling, enough .45 acp for the steel match this Saturday and a few 9 mm rounds to test for the next USPSA match.

The 9 mm should make the power factor but until I test them at present tempertures I'm not certain about them. They will cycle and hit the target where they should but the speed is the only thing I'm uncertain about. They need to reach about 1015 fps but I would be happier if they are hitting closer to 1025. It is always fun trying to dial in a particular speed.

The .45s are loaded with 5.4 grains of WST and a MG 185 gr JHP. It seems to make a nice ring when they hit the steel plates.

Views and opinions I express are not those of my employer or any of their customers.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central Mississippi | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I picked up my brass that I shot, sorted and tumbled. Slow day for reloading for me Smile

I did get some new brass from all the military stuff my dad shoots.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flea7
posted Hide Post
Tumbled, de-primed, and swaged 1000 .223 brass.
The dillon super swager 600 made quick work of it. Wink

Posts: 400 | Location: The Evergreen State | Registered: March 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot around 500 rds. of 9mm, 30 rds. of 6.8, and 20 rds. of 308. Some of the Brass is in Thumbler now. Was out of brass to load.

Posts: 53 | Registered: October 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Like JP6, I emptied a lot of brass at the range in preparation for reloading although god knows I've got enough empty brass to hold me for a couple of lifetimes.

Mrs. Flash dutifully sorted it all out and put it in the tumbler for cleaning.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

4.5 grains under a 200 grain LSWC. Perfection!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20301 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Nothing today but when I get back home, I have a Lock N Load AP to set up Big Grin

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmo
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I derimmed some .22lr brass in preparation for some swaging into .224 bullets. Though I'm still waiting on the final die in my set so that's about all I can do for now.

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bmo:
Yesterday I derimmed some .22lr brass in preparation for some swaging into .224 bullets. Though I'm still waiting on the final die in my set so that's about all I can do for now.

Interesting.. I would really like to hear more about that process, including pictures, costs, and accuracy. If you wouldn't mind writing up a thread on it, I'm sure there are others that would like to know, too.