SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What did you do today in reloading-land?
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 98
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today in reloading-land? Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I trimmed ,chamfered and chaffered and de burred primer pockets of that miniscule crimp on a thousand 5.7 X28 yesterday. Drill press got pretty warm.
I got the load tailored just right on the rockchucker.
Today I will set up the 550 to run some production as I had the 1 k of bullets deliver a couple days ago.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Cleaned off the bench. Trimmed 50 pieces of Lapua brass after full length resize and shoulder bumping months back. Chamfered, polished, and ready to anneal. Also finally got around to making up some drop cards.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/flylow2/media/imagejpg1_zps4f2edf7c.jpg.html] [/URL

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I annealed a few pieces of brass:

Then I sized the same few pieces:

Also loaded 79 more hunting rounds (all the bullets I had left).

Bought a corded drill today too, to use for trimming. Was tired of wearing out batteries.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TightLines
posted Hide Post
Researched and aggressively stalked a Dillon 650.

Again....

Posts: 102 | Location: United States | Registered: August 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
No need to stalk. Just go to brianenos.com and order one. That's what I used to size the above bucket of brass. With the case feeder, it took me less than an hour.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Picked up a couple billet toolheads for my 550 and set up my new 6.5 Grendel Dies

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Loaded up a series of .308 175smk loads for a workup test. 42.0-44.0 in .03gr increments. Same jump as the RE15 loads.. .010.

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TightLines:
Researched and aggressively stalked a Dillon 650.

Again....

Tightlines - I like you was not sure about moving on the XL650 system but I finally did and I am Happy Happy Happy. I received an email today from Brian Enos wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving (I sent another order in this morning for a couple more items)...

Keep in mind that only they(Dillon and Enos) know if there is going to be a price increase effective Jan 1, 2015 for the systems they make and sell.... Not knowing that answer was another "excuse/reason" I used to pull the trigger on my XL650 system two months ago.....Good Luck.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Loaded up a series of .308 175smk loads for a workup test. 42.0-44.0 in .03gr increments. Same jump as the RE15 loads.. .010.

.03gr increments?! Wtf are you using to measure that?! Lol

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:

Oops.

Never was good at math.

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oops.

Never was good at math.

James,

Would you like a GemPro to check your loads ? I want it to go to a good home.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlemmy:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oops.

Never was good at math.

James,

Entropy - say yes. I love my gempro.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oops.

Never was good at math.

James,

Well....sure!! How could I pass that up???

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oops.

Never was good at math.

James,

Email me your shipping info and I'll get it out sometime next week.

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oops.

Never was good at math.

James,

Email me your shipping info and I'll get it out sometime next week.

I love SigForum! Big Grin

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Wasting time until dinner. Ordered 5k 147gr 9s from xtreme, ordered 500 coated 245s (thanks Fred!) to try out for subs in the blackout, and annealed another pile of rough-cut 5.56 blanks. I have maybe 4-500 pieces of that left, and then I'm finished with that batch. That should hold me for a while, as I think that makes my 300blk brass stock somewhere around the 4k mark.

Threw some lapua 308 brass in the stainless tumbler, too. Need to get to work sizing that so I have some ready to go. I'm down to my last 35 loaded target rounds, and have no more prepped brass to load more. Ugh.

posted Hide Post
Ordered a bunch of primers and have brass tumbling.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Deprimed 40 pieces of brass a friend gave me. Did it quick cause I was supposed to be doing thanksgiving cleaning before folks start showing up! Shhhhhhh

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
FINALLY finished annealing the last of that rough-cut blank brass for conversion. It's drying now probably size & tumble after dinner.

posted Hide Post
Loaded up the last 500 rounds of my prepped 9mm brass today. Should be up to just under 3500 rounds of match ammo for next season. Should get me through the state points and sectional matches I plan to shoot.

Now I need to get moving on the 5 gal pail full of cleaned 40 brass I have and the other 5 gal pail full of cleaned 9mm brass.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post