SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    ISO ... 257 Roberts brass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ISO ... 257 Roberts brass Login/Join 
Banned for
showing his ass
posted
I have been searching online and looking to find 50 to 100 257 Roberts brass casings.

Have not had any luck finding, any suggestions where to find ?

Or will it be better to use a case that I can neck down or up ?

Thanks !

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Man that's a tough one.

You might try running a Wanted ad in the Classified Section here on SigForum.

FWIW I was in my local Cabelas a few days ago. The ONLY brass for sale was 2 bags of .41 Mag, of all things. Each bag was $49.99.

Crazy isn't it.

Good luck to you.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I see it at a few places. It may be at a price above what you’re used to, up to you to decide. Sometimes it’s better to track down loaded ammo for donor cases.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021414894

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ OUCH!!!! ^^^^^

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Oh crap ... yup, taking it in the arse with a barbed wire condom ouch.

Since this is just a hunting rifle, will get by with the few loaded rounds and brass that I do have. At least I have the components to reload.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send me an email, and I will send you two boxes of new WW +P, and a box of once-fired Federal +P brass. Yours for the asking.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USAFA71:
Send me an email, and I will send you two boxes of new WW +P, and a box of once-fired Federal +P brass. Yours for the asking.

Very kind of you sir, thank you. I do not see an email address in your profile. I do have an email in mine if you could send me yous.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
257 roberts can be made from 7x57 Mauser, just anneal and remove the BOBs sizing die expander ball…when sizing it down.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
257 roberts can be made from 7x57 Mauser, just anneal and remove the BOBs sizing die expander ball…when sizing it down.

I had thought about this and someday would like to try for the education.

USAF71 is over the top generous in send me some 257 brass ... I am very grateful.

The rifle was handed down to me from my father. From what I can tell it is from about the 1920s or so. Need to look into the serial number to know for sure. In the mid-60s it was the first rifle I was giving to hunt with along with my dad, uncle and older cousin. It has been mine ever since. I want to go hunting with it again.