SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Primer out of stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primer out of stock Login/Join 
Picture of dgrdvm
posted
So, the increased time at home, along with all the matches being cancelled, got me down in the basement reloading USPSA and SC ammo to use once the world gets rolling again. I have enough powder and brass, thank god, and bullets are available, but some what slow in shipping.
Primers are getting to be the issue. I normally keep 4-5K on hand, and as I am going through my supply, they are not anywhere to be found. I have some "ordered" on Graf's, and waiting for the order to be processed, but not sure when that will be.
Given that there is not any material or production issues ( I assume this was a simple hoarding issue) how long do you all think it will take to restock normal inventory ?

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Bruno's has primers. They are a local shop in Phoenix that I've do business with. Bruno's

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
So they do !

Thank you sir !

Shipping and HazMat is a bit expensive, but ......

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate to say it, but I just received 2,000 CCI 500 primers from Bass Pro Shops. I normally do not buy from them but they said they had primers in stock so I ordered. It was on "back order" for about 4-5 days then shipped. Received them no problem. Seems primer availability is hit an miss.
Good Luck.

USN Submarine Service '79-'86
Sig P320 M17

Posts: 3 | Location: Nashville, Tn | Registered: December 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I got 4k Winchester through bass pro as well.

Powder valley had some in this morning.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip! I just ordered 5 boxes from bass pro at $32.99 and free shipping ($20 HAZMAT)

quote:
Originally posted by GNfromTN:
Hate to say it, but I just received 2,000 CCI 500 primers from Bass Pro Shops. I normally do not buy from them but they said they had primers in stock so I ordered. It was on "back order" for about 4-5 days then shipped. Received them no problem. Seems primer availability is hit an miss.
Good Luck.

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 20, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cxm
posted Hide Post
Midway seems to be in stock on most primers

Hoist on High the Bonny Blue Flag that Bears the Single Star!!!

Certified SIG Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer

Posts: 1346 | Location: Florida, CSA | Registered: September 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cxm:
Midway seems to be in stock on most primers

Cxm - Thanks for this update...Anyone who needs primers be aware that Midway is limiting you to one box so for one box of small pistol primers it was $68.00 shipped.....I will have to wait until the one box limit is removed...Their price per box is reflective of the old pricing so it is very fair pricing...

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
If any of you guys live near an Academy Sports, check them. I don't think they ship primers but the stores do stock them, when available.

Worth a shot, so to speak.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Midway update. I literally checked them last night and they were out of stock???

Ordered 1k small pistol and 1k small rifle.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post