SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    300 Blackout Reloading Discussion
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Blackout Reloading Discussion Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Mike in NC - Not sure if you are looking for any bullets but if you are I have loaded and shot over 800 rounds, all subsonic, of a 220gr round nose coated lead bullet from Leatherhead Bullets.....Mark

http://leatherheadbullets.com/rifle-bullets/

Posts: 3241 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^Thanks.

I haven't chosen what to re-load with yet

Me and a friend are gonna get a few boxes of all that we can find and shoot them and find the most accurate ones and I will simulate them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11259 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I'm in the final stages of setting up a new lee loadmaster press for 300 blackout.

I came in here to double check the accurate 1680 numbers.

I'm going to do some test batches with the 2 sets of bullets I picked up.

I've since stocked up on a considerable pile of hornady black 208 gr a-max, and I'd now like to clone that round.

I've got to get my autodisc setup dialed in...so I'll be in the garage experimenting.

Hopefully I can get a range day in soon to test them out with my new chrono.

If anyone has cloned those hornady black subsonic 208 gr amax rounds yet....especially with 1680 numbers, let me know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13945 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
.71cc disc was consistently throwing 10.96-11.04 grains of the accurate 1680, across the 10 that I measured. All of them fell in that range.

I've got 10 rounds built up with the 220 grain blackout subsonic expanders from blackout bullets.

I think I'd like to bring the OAL out a bit more, currently I'm at 2.020. This type of bullet with it's flat front doesn't like my bullet seating die very well.

I'll report back with Chrono details. I was going to make some different loads, but it all came together so nicely at the 11 grain mark, that I hated to mess with it. It may be perfect.

Pictures....

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13945 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So I got some Sierra 200 grain SMK for my birthday

I already have some IMR4227 I use for 17hornet

VIOLA

I tried 10.5 grains witht he SMKs and shot 5 today. They cycle my AR pistol w/can and are stupid quiet!

Smile

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11259 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just getting started loading 300 black for an AR pistol. I have some Rainier 180 gr plated "wedge" bullets and some 150 gr Hornady fmjbt bullets.

I have CFE BLK and Alliant 2400 powders on hand.

Right now, I just want to create some plinking loads with these components. I understand that IMR 4227, AA 1680, Lil Gun and H110 might be in my future Cool

Anyone have suggested loads for the 150/180 CFEBLK/2400 components? Thanks.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8764 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midsouthshooterssupply.com has 1680 in stock, 1lb and 8lb. Smile

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
STS - Thank you Sir. I was all but out of 1680...Only one pound cans left but I got me four...Mark

Posts: 3241 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I finally got to the range last week and fired off those AAC rounds I made...a couple years ago. Roll Eyes Big Grin

The blackout 220 grain subsonic expanders with 11 grains of 1680 all fired flawlessly, suppressed and unsuppressed. Grouped nicely at 25 yards (about 1.5" shooting unsupported, slow deliberate fire rate. I came back and loaded the rest of the 190 bullets I had left. I forgot to bring my chrono, so I'll try to remember next time. I was wearing electronic amplified ear plugs (Samsung) and suppressed, they didn't trigger the sound cutout.

I had some fail to load issues with the leatherneck rounds, I think they were a little long and possibly not crimped well. I also decided to back off a tad on the 1680 charge. I don't have my notes with me, but I went with the next size down in auto disc which is .66. I believe according to the chart that is a very small difference. I also seated the bullet a tad deeper, more akin to the blackout loads above. I loaded 6 rounds and hopefully will get to the range later this week to try them out. I'll try and remember the chrono...

www.rikrlandvs.com

posted Hide Post
Good evening! Working on a subsonic 300 BLK dope for my suppressed SIG Sauer Rattler. My first batch is:

200gr Hornady ELD-X
Hodgdon H110 = 9.2gr
COLA = 2.250"
Remington 6 1/2 primer
Brass = Lake City (new)

Great sound signature suppressed and accurate. But getting FTF regularly. This dope worked fine on unsuppressed 16" barrel ARs. Has anyone worked up recipes for 8" suppressed AR pistols with 200-208gr bullets using H110.

Thanks!

Michael Noirot
NRA Life Member
Clarksville, Tennessee

Posts: 104 | Location: Clarksville, Tennessee | Registered: December 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a supply of N110.

quote:
Originally posted by mnoirot64:
Good evening! Working on a subsonic 300 BLK dope for my suppressed SIG Sauer Rattler. My first batch is:

200gr Hornady ELD-X
Hodgdon H110 = 9.2gr
COLA = 2.250"
Remington 6 1/2 primer
Brass = Lake City (new)

Great sound signature suppressed and accurate. But getting FTF regularly. This dope worked fine on unsuppressed 16" barrel ARs. Has anyone worked up recipes for 8" suppressed AR pistols with 200-208gr bullets using H110.

Thanks!

Michael Noirot
NRA Life Member
Clarksville, Tennessee

Posts: 104 | Location: Clarksville, Tennessee | Registered: December 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use H110/W296 for supers, cfe blk for subs (190~220 grain bullets). Never thought about H110 for subs.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8764 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris - I like you have used H110 for super sonic and have only used AA1680 for my sub-sonic rounds with great success.

Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mnoirot64:

200gr Hornady ELD-X
Hodgdon H110 = 9.2gr
COLA = 2.250"
Remington 6 1/2 primer
Brass = Lake City (new)

Thanks!

I'm trying to think ... the Rattler has adjustable gas right? I know all of my MCXs-do.

Subsonic 300 BLK really excels with adjustable gas using 1680, and some others etc., out of various barrel lengths.

300 BLK can be finicky but once you dial it in to your platform it's just incredible.

Mine is a 9.5 MCX with a Thunder Chicken and it's dang near Hollywood quiet and James Bond accurate especially with Lehighs and/or Gallant hi-tek coated hard casts.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post