SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    How do you store & organize your reloading-related books?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you store & organize your reloading-related books? Login/Join 
posted
I built the NRMA reloading bench some years ago, but it's gotten stuffed full of components, presses and the like. I keep my manuals in a book holder on the top of the bench's upper cabinet, but they're all different sizes and keep falling over whenever I go to get one. Since they range in sizes from Lyman's reloading handbook down to an H&K USP owners manual, they don't fit together very well in a horizontal span.

Anyone using a better method? I'd prefer to keep the books out where I can see them, rather than stuffed into some file cabinet. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep them in a bookcase by the loading bench.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
This may be of interest to you.

Since you built your bench, you’ve probably got some extra wood laying around.

This should be a quick easy simple project.

Best wishes to you.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/-xJIRzu5bxc

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gene, looks like a simple and effective approach.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gene. That looks like a great solution. The tipping over of my books drives me bat shit crazy! Those book ends will work well on my bench.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only problem I’ve noticed is that the back end of the dividers can slide left and right which then causes the divider to no longer sit perpendicular (horizontally) to the shelf.

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have some scattered around, reloading bench & bedroom. I often look a section over before going to sleep at night, even though I’ve read it before.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I'm the type to find a good load recipe and not vary from it. As such I only keep Lyman's 50th out in the reloading area and all other reloading books in my office. I consult them if needed. Keep the area cleaner.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post