SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Best way to lube lots of 5.56 cases
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best way to lube lots of 5.56 cases Login/Join 
Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
I line them up and spray with one shot.

+1

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I went out and bought an 8 ounce container of pure lanolin for $4 and a bottle of ISO-Heet for $2. That will last me for thousands and thousands of cases using an 8/1 ratio. My process:

Light tumble of brass to remove contaminants and powder fouling. Toss about 150 casings in a gallon bag, after prepping with it with 3-4 misted shots, seal and knead. Dump brass onto butcher paper, wait a minute or two til the alcohol evaporates. Deprime/resize at leisure (amazing how smoothly they go through the process).

Because I added the brass to the bag after the mix was in it, none gets inside the case and the primers kept it out of the pockets. I’ll never use any other kind of lube ever again.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post