SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Update: Hornady Lock N Load Single Stage or Progressive for Beginner
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update: Hornady Lock N Load Single Stage or Progressive for Beginner Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
That seems like a good amount of variety with presses. Yeah, if the price is right, why not. One can leave ones set up for different processes, less switching around.

I still get by with a 4 station turret type press, switch around as needed. Just yesterday I went from 45-70 to 243. A buddy was hard up for 243 ammo for an upcoming youth hunt.

I set him up with some loads with Varget & 85 grain Sierra Gamekings.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
That seems like a good amount of variety with presses. Yeah, if the price is right, why not. One can leave ones set up for different processes, less switching around.

I still get by with a 4 station turret type press, switch around as needed. Just yesterday I went from 45-70 to 243. A buddy was hard up for 243 ammo for an upcoming youth hunt.

I set him up with some loads with Varget & 85 grain Sierra Gamekings.

My reloading bench has 1 MEC 600 Mr. set up to load .410 bore, 1 MEC 9000G set up to load 20 Gauge, 1 Dillon SL900 set up to load 12 gauge, 1 Lee LoadMaster set up to load small primer, 1 Lee LoadMaster set up to load large primer and one RCBS Rockchucker.

The 2 Lees and the Rockchucker are on quick change mounts and I have a Lee Turret press and a C&H press also set up with quick change mounts so I can swap in what I need.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My Hollywood single stage press just showed up. It weighs in at about 50 pounds. It's a beast. As promised, here's some pics of the presses.

Here it is next to my Hollywood Senior 8x8 turret.

I moved recently (well, in late 2019) and have yet to get my reloading area setup the way I want. I'm working on that now, and I'm going to use these Hollywood presses more. Previously, I only used the Senior turret for loading the 50BMG. I have some bushings to reduce the 1 1/2-12 threads down to 7/8-14.

Here's a comparison to the Redding T-7. The T-7 has more travel than the Senior single, but it has to mount to the edge of a bench. The T-7 is a great press, but feels light compared to the Hollywood Seniors. There's Sigforum in the background. Smile

If you ever get your hands on a Hollywood Universal, in steel vs AL, you'll see a truly impressive beast. I'm seeing them listed for over $3,000 now. There just aren't that many of them running around.

I'm looking forward to getting my reloading shed finished. It is a detached garage that I'm converting. Today, I'm installing roof vents so I can insulate and install the wallboard.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post