SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    9mm plinking loads
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm plinking loads Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Power Pistol. For 124gr FMJ I go 5.6 to 6.1gr

As mentioned, a double charge overflows.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6.6 gr of HS-6, 115 fmj. My pistols like it and good case fill.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
My go-to plinking load lately is:

124 Berrys plated
CFE-P - 5.1gr
OAL - 1.128

It runs fine in my Glocks but haven't tried it in a friends P226 that is still very tight.
My P226 has been shot so much it isn't a problem in it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Bulk 115/124/147 plated with mild CFE Pistol recipes. "Clean" is a relative term, but I found this powder to be a lot better than some (BlueDot, Titegroup etc.) for light pistol plinking loads.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a 124gn Lee TL bullet that i cast and powdercoat, 3.7gn of HP38 or AP 50 as its known down here, with an S&B primer

Posts: 75 | Location: up here in Australia | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
124 grain Xtreme RN plated bullet over 3.9 grains of Titegroup.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
124 xtreme round nose plated 7.5 aa 7 cci 500 nice rounds.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
For the past 5k I’ve been using 124 gr xtreme with 5.5 gr unique. I have a couple pounds of power pistol I’m going to give a shot after I switch up the bullet provider.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I like 124gr bullets over HS6. I started out using titegroup, and didn't like the safety issues with the low fill volume, or the sooty residue it leaves on the brass. It's also really messy with cast bullets. HS-6 has better case fill for safety, burns consistently in the small 9mm case (although I've had to use magnum primers in larger cases like .38spcl), has less muzzle blast than I get from power pistol, and plays nice with cast bullets. I mostly shoot plated or coated these days, but it's nice to have the option of loading the same powder under cast if I want to.

As an added bonus, HS6 is pretty slow burning. I shoot 9mm in both pistols and carbines, and the slow burn rate shows a significant increase in velocity out of the longer barrels....much moreso than you'd see with a fast burning powder like titegroup.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post