SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Hornady Get Loaded promotion 2021
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Get Loaded promotion 2021 Login/Join 
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted
Recently I bought a set of Hornady dies for a caliber I needed, and looked forward to another redemption of the "Get Loaded" promotion that I have used for many years. Hornady has not updated their website for the 2021 promotion.

Well, I called them today and they told me they are not doing the promotion for 2021, and if they had known how 2020 was going to go, they would not have done it then either.

Just wanted to let you all know in case you were thinking about taking advantage of this in 2021.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
I had bought a set of dies back in early October and promptly sent off the info.

Just received my box of bullets last week.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K0ZZZ:
I had bought a set of dies back in early October and promptly sent off the info.

Just received my box of bullets last week.

FWIW, that's about how long it took me to get my bullets when I bought my LNL back during the non-panic days. They're not fast getting them to you.

The free bullets were one of the deciding factors that caused me to chose the LNL over the Dillon 550...although I imagine taking market share from the competition isn't a huge deal to them these days since they're likely selling every press they can make before it even goes out the door.

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:

Well, I called them today and they told me they are not doing the promotion for 2021, and if they had known how 2020 was going to go, they would not have done it then either.

If I had known what crappy dies Hornady makes I would not have invested in three sets of them back in the day ... but I too was suckered-in to their bullet giveaways.

Those dies are rarely used these days. I replaced all three calibers with RCBS and Redding dies.

Their free bullets are not worth the wasted money on their dies imho ... although I did like my old LnL until I got the T7 and the 650. I sold it for what I paid for it this past November after having used it for ten or twelve years.

That new regretful outlook of theirs is likely to cost them when this current shortage is over. It reeks of greed and misgivings. Shame on them.

Were it not for my 338 MX I might just quit buying Hornady products altogether after that idiotic April Fools video they put out. They appear to be getting a little too big for their britches. And after how they have failed to service the 308 MX and 338 MX crowd with brass and pills for the past six years I have absolutely no idea why anyone would trust them to come-through consistently with their promised 6mm ARC loads and components.

One thing we know for sure is that they will price-gouge the heck outta anyone that trusts them.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have confirmations for 38/357 and 30 cal dated 9/25/2020 and 1/13/21, still waiting on both.

Update, the .30 bullets shipped yesterday. 4 Months!

Still no word on the pistol pills

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mdksz,

Posts: 29 | Location: TX | Registered: October 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, my last box of "free" bullets arrived yesterday. It only took 9 months! I'd gone with Hornady because of the price, but so far, I've gotten exactly what I paid for.

quote:
Originally posted by mdksz:
I have confirmations for 38/357 and 30 cal dated 9/25/2020 and 1/13/21, still waiting on both.

Update, the .30 bullets shipped yesterday. 4 Months!

Still no word on the pistol pills

"I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Posts: 29 | Location: TX | Registered: October 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post