SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Dillon Carbide Dies Lead Times
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon Carbide Dies Lead Times Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted
Just put an order in for the 380ACP thinking I want to start loading 380s. I k ow there is a lead time but just saw it’s 22-26 weeks out. Wow…..

9’s and 45ACP dies are out 12-16 weeks.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
You may find luck on ebay. I found .357 dies there.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
You may find luck on ebay. I found .357 dies there.

Yep. Went through this with 10mm dies awhile back. Lead time was something like 6-9 months. Found a brand new set on eBay. Paid way too much, but....

Shell plate, powder funnel and die, and toolhead can all be found on Amazon.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can wait. The Dillon dies are expensive enough…

There is quite a price difference between Dillon and the other brand dies. Might have to look at Lee or RCBS for my next caliber

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Yeah, I can wait. The Dillon dies are expensive enough…

There is quite a price difference between Dillon and the other brand dies. Might have to look at Lee or RCBS for my next caliber

If you're using a Dillon press and I assume you are since you're ordering their dies, be aware that Dillon sizing dies are radiused at the bottom to compensate for the indexing of the Dillon press and other manufacturers' dies aren't, so you could have some problems that slow down your reloading if you use something other than Dillon.

https://www.dillonprecision.co...-sets_8_4_24445.html

The primary feature of Dillon's size die design the long, tapered carbide ring with a radiused opening, remains unchanged.

The radiused opening, and its importance to progressive reloading, is one of the reasons why our seat and crimp dies are better. We found a way of manufacturing these dies that has enabled us to make the lead-in radius even bigger! The bigger radius makes progressive loading with our equipment even smoother but that's still only a part of the story.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Good to know, thanks. Yes, I have a 550b press. Really enjoy the flexibility of removing the tool head with the dies fixed in place.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Good to know, thanks. Yes, I have a 550b press. Really enjoy the flexibility of removing the tool head with the dies fixed in place.

I know the feeling. I've got two Lee LoadMasters on my loading bench, one set up for small primer and one for large. They both have a turret with the dies fixed in place and I also have a dedicated powder measure set up on each one with blue painters tape showing what powder and how much it's set up to drop. Even though I reload for a lot of different calibers, both rifle and handgun it's worth it to me to have turrets and shellplates set up for each caliber.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash-LB,

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Keep checking, I was able to snag a press with 9mm Carbide Dies just on a random chance checking the website.

It's getting better I think.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
From the Dillon website. Looks like I may get my 380acp dies as a Halloween treat.

Carbide Die Orders Placed AFTER 5/1/2022

9mm 2-4 weeks
.45 ACP 4-6 weeks
.38 / .357 6-8 weeks
.38 Super 30+ weeks
10mm / .40 24+ weeks
.32 S&W 32+ weeks
.380 ACP 24+ weeks
.357 SIG 42+ weeks
.44 SPL / Mag 42+ weeks
.223 36+ weeks
.300 Blackout 32+ weeks
.308 36+ weeks

Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
I ordered a set of .44 mag/special dies from Dillon April 9, 2021. Still waiting and shows open order when I check my account on the website. I noticed the price today is $125. I paid $79.99 a little over a year ago. I ordered a few other dies and an additional press from them around the same time. The press arrived in 2 weeks, and the dies a few months after. Probably not much demand for the .44 dies. Guess they will show up eventually.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may consider that Redding Pro Series dies are a good alternative.

Posts: 9 | Registered: July 21, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a Like New set on GunBroker right now for sale that look new for $105.00. Just search Dillon 380 dies and it should come up.

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have been loading on a 550 for approx 25 years without any Dillon dies. I realize it might be easier, but I have got by just fine.

Posts: 5606 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I have been loading on a 550 for approx 25 years without any Dillon dies. I realize it might be easier, but I have got by just fine.

Other than the indexing thing, any other die is every bit as good.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I own one set of dillon dies,started with RCBS tried some from Lee,went to
Hornady and never looked back.Lees will work ,if you can polish the tool marks out.
Got one set of redding and was not impressed ,over priced and sticky like the lees
The small base 223 dies from RCBS is the best ones for me in my sizing of that round.
Hornady is best for 308 3006 2506 270 7 mm and 300 rem mag for me.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post