SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Recommend me a source for bulk 55gr FMJ bullets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend me a source for bulk 55gr FMJ bullets Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Who's got the best deals on decent 55gr FMJ bullets for general range blasting purposes?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nereloading.com has decent prices. I just ordered 1k .223 55gr FMJ from them. Their prices were a bit cheaper. Don’t know if they increased due to the current situation or other reasons.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Erick - Thank you Sir - Just ordered 1000 pieces - FREE Shipping makes this price a very competitive price especially right now with bullets getting harder and harder to find.....Thanks Again ...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley has always been my go-to for components. Their regular prices tend to be the same or less than others' sale prices. Unfortunately they seem to be out of 55gr FMJ at the moment. You might try Grafs.com or Natchez Shooters Supply.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Erick - Thank you Sir - Just ordered 1000 pieces - FREE Shipping makes this price a very competitive price especially right now with bullets getting harder and harder to find.....Thanks Again ...Mark

No problem. I researched a few years ago and they were always the cheapest. I never bought any because I wasn't ready to fiddle with setting up my press for 223. Just placed my first order yesterday. The old price was $88/1k.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.armorally.com/shop...er-55gr-spire-point/

The FMJ are out of stock but the SP are $99 for 1000 and they are Hornady. I use these for plinking but they shoot less than an inch in my RPR.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Bob's

Might try them.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
This seems counter-intuitive, but I’ve purchased 18,000 bullets from Brownells and never paid more than $.07 apiece. I wait for a free shipping deal and the 6,000 bullet box from Hornady is on sale. I can usually get a box for around $400 delivered, sometimes a little less. They don’t discount the smaller quantities much, but the big box goes on sale several times a year. One Christmas I was able to stack promos and get one for $360.

These are new Hornady item #2267, not pulled bullets.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same as Jager said, check out Bob's.

https://223bulkbullets.com/

I have ordered from them a few times now and have never been disappointed with the price or quality.

Posts: 37 | Location: Las Vegas Nevada US of A | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
This seems counter-intuitive, but I’ve purchased 18,000 bullets from Brownells and never paid more than $.07 apiece. I wait for a free shipping deal and the 6,000 bullet box from Hornady is on sale. I can usually get a box for around $400 delivered, sometimes a little less. They don’t discount the smaller quantities much, but the big box goes on sale several times a year. One Christmas I was able to stack promos and get one for $360.

These are new Hornady item #2267, not pulled bullets.

Exactly what I do. Buy bulk or go in with another reloader and split the box. The mailman isn't too happy but....

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by curt48mauser:
Same as Jager said, check out Bob's.

https://223bulkbullets.com/

I have ordered from them a few times now and have never been disappointed with the price or quality.

Is he just reselling other manuf bullets or manuf them himself? It wasn't clear to me on his website.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Bought 2k from armorally last night. Shipped it was a savings of like a 10th of a cent over Bob's, but for some reason I felt like quibbling over that 10th of a cent!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bobs’ Bulk .223 Bullets is a small, owner-operated shop in Nevada. We focus on making quality bullets for our customers – not stakeholders and market trends. All the materials we use are sourced from American suppliers, and likewise all of our bullets are designed and manufactured here in the USA by lifelong shooting enthusiasts who know what it takes to produce a superior bullet.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested in quality Speer 53 grain HP bullets, there’s a bunch on GB as we speak; extremely good prices with free shipping. Just search for “Speer .223 bullets” and they’ll be on the first page. The average is $75 per 1000 shipped. I’ll be getting a couple K‘S.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
For anyone interested in quality Speer 53 grain HP bullets, there’s a bunch on GB as we speak; extremely good prices with free shipping. Just search for “Speer .223 bullets” and they’ll be on the first page. The average is $75 per 1000 shipped. I’ll be getting a couple K‘S.

Gear - Thank you Sir - just ordered my first 1k and will order another 1k in about a week (funds allow)....Free shipping so I will watch this inventory close...Thanks again for posting...Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post